kz 305 that doesnt want to start

More
24 Mar 2012 20:16 #511730 by dsobs
kz 305 that doesnt want to start was created by dsobs
Hello, i recently bought a kz 305 from craigslist and worked great for the first 24 hours, then i heard a chug while on the free way, saw smoke from one exhaust pipe and the front of the engine. Now it doesn't run, i took out the old spark plugs (the side the exhaust was smoking from, the whole igition cap looking thing under the arm lookin thing on the bottom of the spark plug just is gone) cleaned the carbs, changed oil and the gas was fresh. While putting the carbs back i forgot to tighten the throttle cable and tried to start it up and to surprisingly it started right up but was roaring at high RPMS. It shifted gears and everything just did not want to be stopped. After it being on for maybe 45 seconds top it started to smoke out of a seal in the exhaust pipe not the actual tail end. So I turned the bike off put the throttle cable to where it should be and now i am back to where i started. I am at a loss and really would not like to take it to a shop, do ya'll have any ideas?

here is a video of the bike:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2012 21:59 #511753 by jeffasaki
Replied by jeffasaki on topic kz 305 that doesnt want to start
first check the thingy where the blue steam gets mixed
make sure the thingy that swirls is swirlling
after watching the vid and reading the post i can tell
that i need go and make sure my thingy is clean and fireing on al 7 seven cylinders
its a 65 kawasaki GKZ1RKE 1000 with a 42 kit in it V7

78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

More
24 Mar 2012 22:32 #511756 by moneypit
Replied by moneypit on topic kz 305 that doesnt want to start

jeffasaki wrote: first check the thingy where the blue steam gets mixed
make sure the thingy that swirls is swirlling
after watching the vid and reading the post i can tell
that i need go and make sure my thingy is clean and fireing on al 7 seven cylinders
its a 65 kawasaki GKZ1RKE 1000 with a 42 kit in it V7

Smarta$$ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2-76 kz900
St Paul MN

More
26 Mar 2012 15:08 #512119 by Mike Mecredy
Replied by Mike Mecredy on topic kz 305 that doesnt want to start
It sounds to me like the possitive post off your spark plug and the insulator around it, has broke off and probably damaged your valves and maybe the top of you piston. If's gone it had to go somewhere and the logical place is the out one of the valves, probably the exhuast valve. If it got caught up when the valve closed it could have bent the valve.

(Don't get mad, I'm not trying to be ugly but if you can't identify parts of a spark plug you should probably take it to a shop)

1997 KZ1000 police