Gearbox/Transmission

More
19 Mar 2012 12:38 #510631 by limp
Gearbox/Transmission was created by limp
Hi all
Can anyone help me out please, i asked sometime ago about changing a shaft drive Z1000 engine over to a chain drive which my bro is building (thanks for the info last time) what me bro is after now is a picture of the gear selector mechanism behind the sprocket cover wich would show all the moving parts springs, clips, and anything else that may be there. if i am right would a picture or diagram of a mk2 or an A model be ok
kind regards
Limp

Hi
I'm Graham (limp)I live in the Leicestershire area of England have just finished this Z1000,it is an H1 engine fitted with carbs which are 29mm mikuni's,LTD frame,Yamaha FJ1100 front end it handles very well and goes like a rocket :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2012 12:47 #510632 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic Gearbox/Transmission
Have you tried the search function on this forum? I remember seeing a discussion of this topic a while back.

You can find parts diagrams at Kawasaki's website - www.kawasaki.com/Products/Motorcycles.aspx

Hover over "Owner Info"

From the menu, choose "parts diagrams"

Next, press "Continue" next to "Motorcycle"

On the next screen, choose the year you are interested in, then press "Continue"

From this page, choose the model you are interested in, ans WHALAH! Parts.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
19 Mar 2012 17:17 #510671 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Gearbox/Transmission
have u looked in a shop manual? how about a parts diagram on line ?
heres 1 .
www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Kaw...A4+KZ1000/parts.html

Attachment H-12.png not found

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2012 17:45 #510678 by limp
Replied by limp on topic Gearbox/Transmission
Thanks very much for this info i shall take a look around this site as you suggested
Kind regards
Limp

Hi
I'm Graham (limp)I live in the Leicestershire area of England have just finished this Z1000,it is an H1 engine fitted with carbs which are 29mm mikuni's,LTD frame,Yamaha FJ1100 front end it handles very well and goes like a rocket :)

More
19 Mar 2012 18:01 #510679 by limp
Replied by limp on topic Gearbox/Transmission
Thanks for the diagram Mark ive lost the manuals that i had but will try the link
Kind regards
Limp

Hi

More
19 Mar 2012 19:04 #510695 by etbike3135
Replied by etbike3135 on topic Gearbox/Transmission
Not a hard change over just make sure you have EVERYTHING from a chain drive motor. Shift drum, springs clips. You can use earlier stuff also in you cases like KZ/Z1, it will work as long as you take everything from one motor for the next.

1973 Kawasaki Z1
18 years in dragbikes
The following user(s) said Thank You: limp