MPG's Does this sound right??

More
06 Feb 2012 01:01 #502338 by Flyndrive
Replied by Flyndrive on topic MPG's Does this sound right??
I found that I did have the rings on the float needles. I polished the rings out, by putting the needle in my drill and using a piece of emry paper to polish the rings out. Looks like it worked, we'll see. Also I did put new sprockets on and cleaned my chain thoroughly. I don't have the money for a new chain right now but this one seems to be in pretty good condition.

I have changed my petcock to a non-vacuum style, because the other petcock was leaking so bad. This one works great.

I've been using your info for the 550's. It is awesome. Thank you for all that info.

I'll check back when I have some results.

1980 KZ 550A1
1985 GPZ 900R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2012 01:58 #536482 by salkeld17
Replied by salkeld17 on topic MPG's Does this sound right??
Any update on the new sprockets? I have an '83 A-4 that runs like a champ, but I too do not like the higher rpm's needed for cruising and have been debating a smaller rear sprocket. What sizes did you finally decide on?

More
24 Jul 2012 10:32 #538174 by Flyndrive
Replied by Flyndrive on topic MPG's Does this sound right??
I have had pretty good luck with the new gearing 17/38. When I did the first leg of the KZ Relay I got about 48 mpg fight ing a crazy headwind the whole time. I'm really satisfied with it. It may be a little high geared, but thats the great thing about a 6 speen tranny, just down shift and go. I'm not worried about trying to drag race anyone, cause by the way I'm on a 550! I did notice quite a difference on the highway it brought my RPMs down to where I like it, sounds much better.

1980 KZ 550A1
1985 GPZ 900R

More
24 Jul 2012 12:31 #538185 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic MPG's Does this sound right??
Excellent. Btw, there is a geearing/speed calculator in my signature (that I wrote) if you want to play with it. Sometimes Windows will stop it from working.