Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1075 specs....what do ya got? 30 May 2006 06:09 #50884

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The tech section should be used to discuss tech issues and not bench race. Please keep the engine section for the discussion of engines. Thanks!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1075 specs....what do ya got? 30 May 2006 07:46 #50894

• fastestz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
leaving 300ft marks is not a good thing,sounds like you have a traction problem,when i was a "kid" i use to watch guys drag race a couple of blocks from my house,i would see sum of these cars put the tires up in smoke for a block long and think how kool it was/looked when i got older an started to do sum street racing myself i quickly learned its much better to hookup and hual ass!i spent many hours/dollars trying to stop "spinning" my tires. if i put on a stock size tire inflated to factory spec my carburated 900 will smoke the tire thrue first,second,third,gears but then i would be loseing race's, but with my 150/80/16 at about 22-25lbs i get a split second of wheel spin and then it's bye'bye
smokeing the tire is not a sign of power or lack of.

Post edited by: fastestz1, at: 2006/05/30 10:48

1075 specs....what do ya got? 03 Jun 2006 10:09 #51825

• sbjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i know this is an old post, but i have to agree with every one else. burning a tire for 300 plus feet really doesn't mean much. i had a 250 that i could smoke the tire like that.

i would like to know what carbs every one is running on their 1075's please. jets and specs also if possible.

thanksB)

1075 specs....what do ya got? 26 Jun 2011 10:29 #459425

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
This is a old post. Just wondering where everyone went with thier 1075 builds.

I must have been driving on the road when this was posted and never got back to posting.

My engine has the Andrews 3X cams. I run the Mikuni 34's. I like them. They get great fuel mileage. I was running 29's when this was wrote.

The story on the 317 foot black mark is this.

I rebuilt the carbs for a friends V65 and he wanted to drag race. At the time I had the "79" LTD with the 1075 and the "80" Z1 classic with carbs.

We were playing mind games and I just pulled out on the road and layed down the black mark.

You break the wheel loose and the wheel will spin until it is gone.

I use a friends old tires to do such nonsense and had a extra wheel with lower gearing.

I came back to his house and he told me to ride the V65. I came back and he asked me if I still wanted to run. I told him I would run him on the Classic which hurt his feelings. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• Page: