baffle fell out while riding

More
10 May 2006 16:28 #46480 by Bugg
baffle fell out while riding was created by Bugg
and I kinda like it, can I really run it this way,and what do I need to do now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2006 16:47 #46485 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic baffle fell out while riding
just make sure its not running a bit too lean, and watch out for cops;)

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
10 May 2006 18:54 #46500 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic baffle fell out while riding
Yeah it most likely needs to be richened up. I jet my bike with the baffle out and let be a little rich with it in.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
10 May 2006 19:10 #46510 by DanOz7Five0
Replied by DanOz7Five0 on topic baffle fell out while riding
Did it survive the fall or is it long gone now?

Mine is just bolted in. I have since replaced the bolt with a wingnut for when I do want it out. I tried it without one day and drove myself nuts. I leave my house at 5:45 am so Im pretty sure the neighbors like that I put it back in also, I know the guy with the car alarm must :evil:

More
11 May 2006 06:40 #46566 by Bugg
Replied by Bugg on topic baffle fell out while riding
yeah, when I got to school it was hanging by the last inch :laugh: , so when I got home I pulled the other and went out for a ride, it seemed to pull harder, tho that could just be me, I cut my neighbors a break by puling it out into the street before I start it and coasting down my block:whistle:

More
11 May 2006 13:12 #46645 by KitNYC
Replied by KitNYC on topic baffle fell out while riding
My gf's KZ400 came with no baffle. I could not believe it when I finally got the little guy running: sounded like a motor 3 times the size, & I was "that guy", setting off all the car alarms going down the street. Definitely not my style, or hers. I ordered a new baffle from Mac a couple days later. I probably ought to pack it with something, it's still pretty loud, but at least it doesn't set off the car alarms now that the baffle's in. :P

Cheers,
-Kit

More
11 May 2006 17:21 #46684 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic baffle fell out while riding
what kind of pipe? i got a brand new one going on e-bay but i'll give you first dibs.it's out of a new vance and hines. $325 and the first thing i do is pull the baffle(go figure)it fits a 77 kz650/750 the header part # was 13029.it was only ran to compare the difference between open and muflered.i'de rather a kzrider bro get it who needs it. kzrider guys get my overflow for just a hair over shipping (from ny)let me know if i can help you.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
11 May 2006 18:02 #46692 by cary
Replied by cary on topic baffle fell out while riding
check this out.... today i am on the freeway, going like 85 on my z. main fuse blows, then all that gas explodes in the pipe, blowing out the baffle, nowhere to be found. Now it won't run without a plug fouler on #1. this sucks.