Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cam Chain Chatter at idle 07 May 2006 12:18 #45697

• peachc
  • peachc's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally got my bike on the road and running great, except for it sounds like the cam chain chatters when i is around 1500k or less. Could it be that it is starving for fuel or anyone have any other ideas what this noise could be? I had the tensioner out the other day and the rubber is still good at the base and it is the automatic tensioner too on the 750. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cam Chain Chatter at idle 07 May 2006 19:32 #45782

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
  • Thank you received: 2
Inspect the tensioner, if it looks fine ride it.
i had the same problem with noise,there seems to be a great many things that can cause noise, worn chain, dampner rubbers worn, etc, etc. i suspect older kawasaki's
are just noisy by nature.
1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

Cam Chain Chatter at idle 08 May 2006 08:18 #45872

• peachc
  • peachc's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Everything seems to be in good shape, well from atleast an exterior view w/o splitting the case. So I was wondering if it just suppose to be noisy because of the age..ha..

Cam Chain Chatter at idle 08 May 2006 08:32 #45876

• mgweiss
  • User
I had a clanking noise when slowing down below 1500 rpm last summer. Thought the front sprocket was loose at first, but it wasn't. I pulled off the valve cover to make sure the cam chain tensioner was actually keeping the chain tight and noticed that a rubber damper was completely missing from underneath the cam chain idler! Guess a PO didn’t have one and just left it out, who knows. Once I put 4 new dampers on the idler the noise went away.

• Page: