Jug Installation

• letthegoodtimesroll
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 May 2006 10:05 #45494 by letthegoodtimesroll
Jug Installation was created by letthegoodtimesroll
How easy should the cylinders slide down over the pistons and rings? I just installed mine and it went on fairly easy, I had everything lined up (rings) according to my manual and well oiled, used a golf tee as I've read on here, and everthing just slipped right on. Is this unusual?:unsure:

1977 KZ650C1, Kerker Header, Dyna ignition and coils, GPZ 750 oil pan and cooler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2006 10:12 #45495 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic Jug Installation
I think that a stock bore is the easiest as when you over bore, you lose some of the chamfer at the bottom of the sleeves

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
06 May 2006 10:17 #45497 by Kazilla
Replied by Kazilla on topic Jug Installation
If you're installing a stock Kawasaki cylinder block this is just the way it should be! Congrats, it's nice to have something go right once in a while.

The taper on the bottom of the stock Kawasaki sleeves is what makes this go so easy. When you're working with
aftermarket blocks and the sleeves have not been tapered correctly then it can be a much more difficult installation.
Hope you get the engine in the bike and running this weekend.

More
06 May 2006 10:17 #45498 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Jug Installation
Hey LTGTR- As long as everything was lightly lubed, the rings were lined up properly and you didn't jam anything with undue force the job is pretty simple. It just takes a little time and shouldn't be rushed.

By the way congratulations for combining two of the world's greatest hobbies....bikes and golf:)

Cheers-Colin Firth -Ontario Canada

'77 Kz 650 Custom - (Miss July on 2006 Kzr Calendar,) Newest rebuild includes Wiseco 810 kit, Kz750 cams, Kz750 intake valves, 750 GPz springs, Ported head, WG Mikuni 28's, Velocity Stacks, Dyna Ignition and coils, MAC pipe, 14 tooth front sprocket, going back to original '77 Moon Dust Silver. Goal is to have a stock-looking bike that will tighten up any loose dental fillings off the light.

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

• letthegoodtimesroll
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 May 2006 12:17 #45530 by letthegoodtimesroll
Replied by letthegoodtimesroll on topic Jug Installation
Right now I'm waiting on a gasket kit. I already used the upper portion of my old kit but still had the bottom. I still need to take my starter clutch apart and hopefully it just needs to be cleaned up, if not I will be waiting again. I am also looking at rear brake master cylinder on ebay as mine leaks and I don't want the fluid to leak and ruin my freshly painted frame. I am still about 2 weeks away from being back on the road as I still have to paint the tank and covers. I will post some pics later with my progress on the build.B)

1977 KZ650C1, Kerker Header, Dyna ignition and coils, GPZ 750 oil pan and cooler