Compression Ratio verses Compression test results

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 May 2006 17:19 #45567 by tellietubbie
Replied by tellietubbie on topic Compression Ratio verses Compression test results
Thanks a lot RRRR,that bike is gorgeous,now I know how much rubbing I have to do.:) I've now got new inlet and exhaust valves, cam chain tensioner, loads of other parts some 20yrs + old but perfect condition, all in sealed plastic bags with the Kawa part number paper inside.Takes a lot of searching but [when] I end up with an almost stock example I'm donating it to the National Motorcycle Museum here in England when I get too old to ride it 'cos it burnt down a few years ago.Piccys eventually. Regards and Thanks again for the info.:cheer: Incidently, the KZ500 A1 came first in 1979, the KZ550's were developed from it and produce 1hp less than the 500!;) Also, the 500 is credited with a higher top speed than the 550B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 May 2006 17:35 #45571 by tellietubbie
Replied by tellietubbie on topic Compression Ratio verses Compression test results
77KZ650.Thanks for the link,I now feel more confident that piston/ring replacement is needed.Because I've stripped it completely[and a gasket set costs the national debt:angry: ]I have to decide correctly every time I consider a component for replacement,so I'm just replacing all bearings,seals etc. Only safe way to go really.Regards from England;)

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 May 2006 17:40 #45572 by tellietubbie
Willo, your explanation helps enormously, Thanks a lot for the infoB)

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 May 2006 17:48 #45574 by tellietubbie
I know how you feel, I had to study advanced Calculus while reading Microelectronics and then apply it to real world problems.One I remember concerned a motorcycle which had been tweaked to produce 20% more power.The question required Mathematical manipulation of the rates of heat losses etc and confirmed the thing wouldn't overheat....:blink: :woohoo: Quite an amazing tool really.Thermodynamics? I'm off to bed.!!!! Regards from England.B)