GPz issues

• pan7eraboyca
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Apr 2006 16:03 #43975 by pan7eraboyca
GPz issues was created by pan7eraboyca
I have a 84 GPZ 750 that is having starting problems. When I first got the bike it would start fine but had to hold the throttle a bit it keep it running (assuming carb issue). It kicks over fine but by the time it starts to grab the battery is wearing down and doesent get past that point. I normally take it down the street and ride down the hill and it starts right up. If I jump start it it takes awhile to grab and then fires up.

Anyway rebuilt the petcock today to take one more thing out of the equation. Still wont start.

Battery, Carbs, etc?? Any help. Sorry if this seems noobish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
30 Apr 2006 18:37 #44010 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic GPz issues
I would do a compression test first, and then run a valve clearance, if the valves shimms are out
of adjustment she gives a draggin start, but once she warms, she starts every time.

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

More
01 May 2006 03:05 #44105 by gpzrox
Replied by gpzrox on topic GPz issues
Carbs is a great place to start, but yes, the compression and valve clearance issues could make the problem.

I have found all three wrong with my ride.

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

• pan7eraboyca
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 May 2006 12:49 #45087 by pan7eraboyca
Replied by pan7eraboyca on topic GPz issues
Thanks for the tips. Im going to finally have some thime to work on it this weekend. Only missing 1 full week of beautiful weather!!!