I have a different clutch hub on my 750ltd. Help!

• webejamin_1982
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Jan 2011 10:35 #425704 by webejamin_1982
I just recently bought a new clutch pack for my 1980 750 ltd and was so excited when it came in. Then when I busted off cover and removed old ones. Come to find out the person before me, either upgraded the hub or just put something on there that fit. Anyways, my question is. I matched them up. the outside diamiter is the same, but inside the standard 750 clutch pack has a little smaller inside diamiter. I guess I am hoping it is an upgrade he did and if so would some one be able to tell me what clutch pack i mgiht need to get for upgraded hub or at least tell me how I can find out what hub he put on there. There are no part numbers or names of any kind on the hub its self. thanks for yall help or even time if no help can be given.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
26 Jan 2011 11:09 #425709 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic I have a different clutch hub on my 750ltd. Help!
Weren't there two different 1980 KZ750's. I think that there was a twin and a four cylinder available in that year. My guess is that you got the twin clutch when you needed the four, or vice versa. I'm not an expert on 750's so this is just an observation.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.