THE ENGINE

More
03 Jan 2011 12:59 #419892 by Brown Bear
THE ENGINE was created by Brown Bear
ok 1st thing i made a big mistake why i didnt do it before..

I took the engine apart before i even pressured washered it and used gunk on it to get as much crud off as possible.

sanding blasting has workedrather well i must admit but theres still bits where its just not getting through the crud.

question silly as it may seem "can i bolt it back together between each section place say a black bag then bolt the section down. and pressure wash the f*cker and then carry on sand blasting after its dried etc.

many thanks friends

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
03 Jan 2011 20:10 #419976 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic THE ENGINE
Sandblaster wont take off what a power washer will...??? Doesn't sound right, but meh anyways... go ahead and try i say. Probly work just fine, but it sounds like a shit load of extra work. PITA.

Use some bearing greese on the gasket surfaces first, that will probly seal them completely with the bag. Just a real thin quick smear of the stuff.

Good luck.

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

More
04 Jan 2011 07:39 #420022 by Brown Bear
Replied by Brown Bear on topic THE ENGINE
the crud is thick and i didnt really notice it at 1st it is in the 2nd to top section with all those little things and stuff. most of it is luvly. nice bit of nitro paint spripper and blasting works well. lol.

More
04 Jan 2011 07:56 #420023 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic THE ENGINE
Why can't you pressure wash the various pieces separately?

Have you tried using a degreaser? Some folks like Simple Green, I tend more toward the aggressive and carcinogenic stuff like trichlor.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

More
04 Jan 2011 08:34 #420025 by Brown Bear
TexasKZ wrote:

Why can't you pressure wash the various pieces separately?

Have you tried using a degreaser? Some folks like Simple Green, I tend more toward the aggressive and carcinogenic stuff like trichlor.

i took that idea and thought yes. lol. i have just bought a steam cleaner that ya use in teh kitchen and that. should be here in a few days i hope. will put GUNK on the bits and then use than. sorted. lol. the main part the engine will be even easier. lol. YAY

More
04 Jan 2011 10:36 #420038 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic THE ENGINE
Be careful about using solvent indoors, especially in the kitchen. Many of them have toxic fumes and require GOOD ventilation - like doin' it outdoors.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

More
04 Jan 2011 13:07 #420060 by Brown Bear
TexasKZ wrote:

Be careful about using solvent indoors, especially in the kitchen. Many of them have toxic fumes and require GOOD ventilation - like doin' it outdoors.

the setam cleaner will be done outside as i had an operation on my spine so cant lft much. and what ihave done if ppl knew id be in trouble. lol.