bike dies in first gear..........wont rev up

• freshdonjuan
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Oct 2010 20:02 #408876 by freshdonjuan
bike dies in first gear..........wont rev up was created by freshdonjuan
hey guys, i have a new problem with my bike. i am new to bikes and have already learned alot and yall have been a tremedous help so far. i had a starting and idleing issue that i posted in the carb forum and i got that fixed with your help. hopefully you can help with this new problem.

i cleaned and tuned the carbs and replaced all of the spark plugs. now it is starting and idleing great! i took it out for a test drive today after all of the work. i rode around with no problems for about 20 minutes today. about 20 minutes into the ride i was presented with a new problem. i was in first gear and the bike just died. i started it again and it no longer will rev up. it will idle fine but as soon as i let off the clutch and try to go it just dies. if i try to give it some gas at all it just gives up on me. i dont have a clue what the problem is. i dont really know how else to describe it so if it doesnt make sense ask me some more questions.
thanks for all of help you guys have given so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2010 20:18 #408877 by 650ed
check for a pinched fuel line.

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
24 Oct 2010 22:36 - 24 Oct 2010 22:37 #408887 by Patton
After cleaning the carbs, was an after-market in-line fuel filter installed before allowing any fuel into the carbs?

If not, the carbs may need another cleaning.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Oct 2010 22:37 by Patton.

More
25 Oct 2010 07:44 #408927 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic bike dies in first gear..........wont rev up
Does your bike have a clutch or side stand kill switch? If so, one or both may be malfunctioning.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough