• Page:

TOPIC:

Need help identifying header 20 Apr 2006 11:20 #41141

• KZPens
  • KZPens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
loudhvx wrote:

Either way, you should be able to throw on any good spring from a hardware store, no?

It probably depends on what the purpose of the springs is... if it's to just hold the parts together it wouldn't matter I guess, if it affects the performace I wouldn't want to have 2 springs on there which are weaker than the other 2. Anyone knows what the springs are for ?

solomrus:
I tried to google moriwaky but not much info to be found. As for a local speed shop, there isn't much going on downhere besides Vtwins, we have one shop in town I'll try on my way home from work, I doubt they'll know what I'm talking about.

Does it really matter how strong the springs are? If it doesn't I'm sure I can find some locally otherwise I'll likely send you pm.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and respond everybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help identifying header 20 Apr 2006 13:06 #41160

• solomrus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
morkiwakI. with an eye(i). 8^)

hmm, no speed shops. that sux. 8^(

yes, the springs that i have for exhausts are quite stout. i'd say 30-40# range. for a small spring, yeah... that's stout. might be that you could order some from two bros, v&h, or something like that.

how many do you need? i have a few laying around that i kept from a ducati exhaust that visited me for a while. pretty sure i have two or three laying around.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Need help identifying header 20 Apr 2006 20:08 #41285

• KZPens
  • KZPens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I think I found some, link to springs , these should work I guess. I have only 2 springs remaining on the header and they are in pretty bad shape, might aswell get a set of 4.

Thanks for your offer I appreciate it.

Need help identifying header 20 Apr 2006 21:56 #41304

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I replaced the springs on my header with some from Canadian Tire (hardware store on steroids). Cheap and a little stronger than the original Hindle springs but not so strong they're pulling the mounting tabs off. Springs can be slightly stretched if they're a little short. A fresh coat of paint and new cad plated springs look great.

• Page: