KZ305-leaking oil from head gasket?

More
08 Sep 2010 13:55 #397058 by Hoffmeister
KZ305-leaking oil from head gasket? was created by Hoffmeister
Hi All!
I'm new to this forum and a new motorcycle rider. I got my '88 KZ305 a few months ago, and I've been discovering a number of little things that are begging for repairs. Most recently, I noticed there some fluid (oil?) that is appearing on the front of the engine about where the gasket seems to be. Its mostly on the front and on the top, just above the exhaust pipes and around/under where the tachometer cable. There isn't a lot of it, but the fact that it is there is a bit of a concern. I noticed it about a week ago when the fluid starting smoking while I was riding. What are your thoughts? Is this a quick fix or am I about to shell out some serious dollars on a repair? I'm including a picture so you can see the area I'm talking about. Thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2010 17:16 #397088 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic KZ305-leaking oil from head gasket?
buy a decent manual and follow it step by step and if you get into trouble don't be afraid to ask questions but above all take your time and do it right the first time. double check everything before you try to do something read the section of the manual that pertains to what your doing and then dive in and get your fingers dirty. above have fun and don't get frustrated . if you take it to a shop it will cost you quite abit because your paying for time your's is free so take advantage of it. if it's something that you don't have the equipment for then by all means get a pro to do it but ifs only changing out gaskets give it a try for yourself.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.