Motor Theory

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
28 Jul 2010 16:19 - 01 Aug 2010 06:44 #386647 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Motor Theory
Motor Head wrote:

Yes adding oil can do it partly for a 2 stroke. But these days the muscle sleds are oil injected first, then I suppose you could add some to the tank mix. Your right I think even a 2 stroke race bike, like the GP smaller class these days, would still be remapping spark/ fuel for different tracks and conditions.
Also this 2 stroke area is a good idea for a ceramic piston crown coating, not a cure for a melted piston, but a wider window of temperature the thing will take before turning into lava.
The EPA, and the fuel economy #'s that are government mandated,along with the higher fuel price have been much of the driving force in engine and fuel designs in your road car. If it was completely left up to the public we wouldn't have stopped at V10 pickup's, or maybe we haven't? But still the mixture/ air fuel ratio is constantly monitored for both converter operation and efficiency of power/ fuel economy.
At the track, with the Weber's and Holley's I've run, jetting set even at dyno time changes when the load/launch is there. Maybe I'm one of the ones who spends way too much effort on the jetting as he talked about?

I think sometimes we learn the best stuff by mistake. I think the key here is, when you have dirty air or low air density.......Sometimes your just screwed! You do the best you can, without redesigning your whole project.

David Reher has built tons of motors, they have a good R&D program. They have a lot of good articles on their web site. Some of it will never apply to us, but it's better to have been exposed to it, then not. I would that you need to be hot stuff, to write for National Dragster.........It would hard to BS all the real racers.

I have read most of the articles, then I come here and ask questions! Everyone thinks I'm out of my mind....It could be true or maybe I'm a half, a step ahead???? Reading is free and most questions are free.

I always noticed that in the beginning VHR built their motors, based on auto technology. Byron did, what the car guys did......It made him stinky!......stink'n rich!
Last edit: 01 Aug 2010 06:44 by KZQ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.