kz1000 head porti

More
19 Jul 2010 13:45 - 19 Jul 2010 13:57 #383860 by nads.com
kz1000 head porti was created by nads.com
:woohoo: I've cut the sides of the guides and bosses. I opened the area around each valve on each side. I opened and blended the intake openings for bigger carbs. Now I'm looking into the intake ports at point where the guide boss seperates the air stream left or right toward the valve. The best intake charge amount is achieved by 1. Conturing the port so that the majority of the air passes on the outside turn into the intake port? 2 does the air speed need to be slowed? 3 does it need to be increased? Same questions for the inside turn of the port? All I know is how it takes that turn is important and needs to be controlled. I think I've done a very nice job on all the rest of the porting. I'd send it to Larry if He'd flow it for free and post it. I'm not saying it will be fantastic but My goal is to get one to flow as close to a gpz. I figured you'd have to remove some material and where it freed hp and you'd be close. It's just the air speed that My mind can't estimate. I have no prior porting experience but I've blown through a hose or two so I got the general idea. I'm interested now how many tricks pop out of the forum. Maybe we havn't gotten to where it's a pay only subject. :P I'd like not to waste my time and for that I can only rely on some sly folks that know what makes a good charge. I'm shaving this head too it's getting ready for 33's someday. When my base gasket finishes pounding out I'll throw it on the 1015cc. Base gasket does not leak but it has to one day. I'm the kind of person that likes to do all my work now. Then I don't have stuff sitting on the shelf, needing cleaned and prepped and evthing. If it isn't ready to rock your two steps behind.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2010 13:57 by nads.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2010 13:58 - 19 Jul 2010 13:59 #383863 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic kz1000 head porti
I'm asking this forum to port my head :woohoo:
Last edit: 19 Jul 2010 13:59 by nads.com.

More
19 Jul 2010 19:39 - 19 Jul 2010 19:40 #383973 by Kraz1
Replied by Kraz1 on topic Typical Nads type reply
Dude.... Hog that Thing Out ! ! Leave no Aluminum "Un-ground"... Sink those Valves Down, Out To The Evil Edge Yo.... Bore & Blend those Valve Throats to 87-88% of the Valve Size Dawg ! ! ! See No Evo, Hear No Evo, Ride No Evo.... Friends don't let Friends drive Hyundai Accents, unless it has a 125 shot of NOS, yo....

Smoke On The Water.... Fire In The Sky.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2010 19:40 by Kraz1.

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
19 Jul 2010 19:55 #383981 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic kz1000 head porti
nads.com wrote:

:woohoo: I've cut the sides of the guides and bosses. I opened the area around each valve on each side. I opened and blended the intake openings for bigger carbs. Now I'm looking into the intake ports at point where the guide boss seperates the air stream left or right toward the valve. The best intake charge amount is achieved by 1. Conturing the port so that the majority of the air passes on the outside turn into the intake port? 2 does the air speed need to be slowed? 3 does it need to be increased? Same questions for the inside turn of the port? All I know is how it takes that turn is important and needs to be controlled. I think I've done a very nice job on all the rest of the porting. I'd send it to Larry if He'd flow it for free and post it. I'm not saying it will be fantastic but My goal is to get one to flow as close to a gpz. I figured you'd have to remove some material and where it freed hp and you'd be close. It's just the air speed that My mind can't estimate. I have no prior porting experience but I've blown through a hose or two so I got the general idea. I'm interested now how many tricks pop out of the forum. Maybe we havn't gotten to where it's a pay only subject. :P I'd like not to waste my time and for that I can only rely on some sly folks that know what makes a good charge. I'm shaving this head too it's getting ready for 33's someday. When my base gasket finishes pounding out I'll throw it on the 1015cc. Base gasket does not leak but it has to one day. I'm the kind of person that likes to do all my work now. Then I don't have stuff sitting on the shelf, needing cleaned and prepped and evthing. If it isn't ready to rock your two steps behind.

Attachments:

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
19 Jul 2010 20:07 - 19 Jul 2010 20:10 #383989 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic kz1000 head porti
nads.com wrote:

Send it & I'll flow it & port map it for you. Just pay shipping :) Don't sell yourself short. It might just be better than you think...

see..hear..ride no Evo.....I have just the place for that ;)
Last edit: 19 Jul 2010 20:10 by larrycavan.

More
20 Jul 2010 13:24 #384128 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic kz1000 head porti
I'll send the head t you this week Larry. I'm not too good with pictures and posting them so if you feel like showing what this head looks like feel free to post pics of it. Hope I've done some good to this head. Guess I'll find out, and thanks very much for this opportunity so we can all learn something.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
22 Jul 2010 05:25 #384552 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic kz1000 head porti
nads.com wrote:

I'll send the head t you this week Larry. I'm not too good with pictures and posting them so if you feel like showing what this head looks like feel free to post pics of it. Hope I've done some good to this head. Guess I'll find out, and thanks very much for this opportunity so we can all learn something.

Git 'er boxed and we'll git 'er done.... :laugh: