starter clutch

More
14 Jul 2010 21:46 #382772 by nads.com
starter clutch was created by nads.com
Made a grommet for my alternator cover to seal it and found my stator to have a fried wire and it ohmed out to junk too. Put in the stator from the 1000 motor I have. I took the rotor out awhile ago to see how much faster the motor would spin up (no real difference),got to installing the starter clutch pieces and mic'd the hub the three drums contact. It was smaller than the one on my other motor. And thats why it would not work unless the engine was hot. The drums on mine were chewy at one time and I filed them. It didn't seem to make much diff. So I never knew what the problem was except guessing the material removed was the culprit. The 1000 clutch was in perfect shape so I drilled some big holes in it :woohoo: To lighten it up some. Dies anyone know the spec's on the drum? I'm curious now what the diameter is supposed to be and the service limit. Picked up a bike for repair today, 1974 cb450. Almost mint, and he had a 750 that was even better! Both had the same paint scheme. He said he cleaned the carbs and it started good but ran bad. I get the bike and there's no spark. Coils in the mega ohms. Called him up and sure enough he had left the key on. I found some coils in Detroit lakes Mn for 40 bucks. That's 40 miles from my house. Anyone want to give me a ride? I'll drink drivers license beer all the way talk honda. Just kidding I got a bicycle and Jesus rules ... or is it Bezus? Sniffed gas when I was younger and when I got real high I'd close my eyes and see this huge light display that seemed to be inside of a dome. It was everthing in the universe in electrical form. It truley was amazing. Most fantastic thing I ever seen. Problem was I had to be so high I though I would die at about that point. Scared me off the gas. For good. Then I saw my little brother on one of our snomobiles sniffing one day. I layed into him pretty good telling him "you know better, go into the garage and sniff the motorcycle gas it's fresher"! In reality I told him not to do it anymore. I'd sniff and then hear this weird sound, cuca ca ch ch ch ahh ahh ahhh. Years later me and a friend were hanging out in a school bus my dad made into a kick butt camper. He says to me. Ever sniff gas? Then he goes cuca ca ch ch ahh ahh ahhh. I could not believe it! The same sound. Morla of the story, Please don't sniff gas. You'll never figure it out, don't even try. cuca ca ch ch ch ahh ahh ahhh... cuca ca....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.