EXHAUST

• barksdaleammo
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Apr 2006 20:04 #38189 by barksdaleammo
EXHAUST was created by barksdaleammo
Whats the best exhaust i can get for a ZN1100. im looking at the jardine. also do these in-line 4's sound good with exhaust. one last question...where can i find a jet kit for this bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2006 20:27 #38202 by newbikekiller
Replied by newbikekiller on topic EXHAUST
4-1 exhaust sounds AWESOME with a 4 cyl bike.

At least if you like that whinier note like modern crotch rockets, sounds like SPEED to me.

I'm not sure what you do if you like that throatier-cruiser sounding note, maybe a different 4-2 system than stock.

Most people say that jet kits are a waste of money... But I'll wait for others to chime in on that one.

More
09 Apr 2006 20:35 #38205 by r1ng3l78
Replied by r1ng3l78 on topic EXHAUST
my new bike has a kerker 4 into 1 with all the baffles missing so it's just straight piped with a megaphone on the end. and it's safe to say it sounds like the end of the world. it's fun the first mile or two and treats me to the occassional fireball but think i'd like something throatier. also thinkin bout makin my own 4 into 4 but would love some advice on how different exhaust affect sound.
Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2006 21:05 #38213 by lorandunn
Replied by lorandunn on topic EXHAUST
I like the looks of the Kerker but can't seem to find them online. Where did you get yours? Got a stock number or something where I can look it up? As far as a mellower sound goes, I used to make my own baffles when I was into Volkswagens years ago. All you need is some basic welding skills and some imagination and experimentation.

More
09 Apr 2006 21:20 #38215 by r1ng3l78
Replied by r1ng3l78 on topic EXHAUST
it was on the bike when i got it. haven't looked for any numbers on it but i'll check. i'll probably be doin away with it by fall if you have a 650.

More
09 Apr 2006 22:18 #38232 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic EXHAUST
4-1s sound great, with or without baffles. dont bother with a jet "kit". buy the proper sized jets and install them, and fine tune it from there. look in the filebase for this info, heres a start
kzrider.com/component/option,com_docman/...s/gid,212/Itemid,45/
Scott

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH