KZ1000 Crank Balanced Falicon

More
21 Jun 2010 02:09 #377208 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic KZ1000 Crank Balanced Falicon
boogiepicker wrote:

I got the cylinders and pistons from old kaw man They are stock kz1000 with new kawasaki wrist pins that I bought,

This may just be me and my opinion, but if I was looking for a fault in my motor I'd be a lot more suspicious of the guy who (having dealt with him in the past) is pretty much the used car salesman of the kawi world than I would of the precision workman that I've never heard a bad word said about... :dry:

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2014 11:31 #639595 by darlington
Replied by darlington on topic KZ1000 Crank Balanced Falicon
I would find someone local with an indexing rod. Remove the top end and pistons. Align the small ends and try and insert teh rod through all 4. If its doesnt fit well there is an issue.

Keeping the good times rolling since 1982. Helping people with parts ,technical support and service of the 70's 80's Kawasakis. Building road bike bikes for individuals involved in Vintage Road Racing in the eastern Ontario region.

More
10 Jul 2014 12:28 #639605 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic KZ1000 Crank Balanced Falicon
Beings how this is a 4 year old post im guessing it was resolved long ago, but since its been revived.
I would guess they checked/balanced the crank after it was welded.
That being said there are plenty of cranks out there that were just checked for straightness and then welded without being balanced that run just fine.
Did you check the springs/rivets in the basket when it was apart? Any part thats being flung around inside a motor can cause vibrations.
Like larry said start with simple things first like motor mount bolts before tearing motor apart.
Like timmy said id be more concerned about a mismatched set of pistons from old kaw man than I would about falicons work.
But of course anything is possible I guess.

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
10 Jul 2014 18:20 #639650 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic KZ1000 Crank Balanced Falicon
Bunch of knowledgeable guys on GS Resources strongly recommend Stan Gardner or Pearson for crank work. Less than favorable things said about Falicon's work by some of these guys.

More
10 Jul 2014 18:47 #639653 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic KZ1000 Crank Balanced Falicon
Falicon has been under new management for a while.

Still recovering,some days are better than others.