• Kawiman80
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • On my 2nd KZ1000
More
08 Jun 2010 10:18 #374394 by Kawiman80
overshift bearing? was created by Kawiman80
Hey guys,

I have talked to a few local racers and I am going to attempt to put my bike on the strip,AGAIN!!(damn economy last year!!)
They all have recommended to install an overshift bearing to prevent tranny damage. I looked on kzzone and seen one,but have no idea where to install it. Could you racers please help me out?
It would be greatly appreciated.
I know I have written about racing it in a previous post,but that was not with me on it. A buddy of mine took it down the track for me. He's a good rider,but not to mechanically inclined,lol:silly:
Again thanks in advance,
Mike.

P.s on the other hand,what air shifter would be best to use? They have a street bike class at my local track, street legal all the way,no slick. That's the class i want to run due to the fact that I ride alot on the street,plus it will(hope) to give them sport bike guys to think about when they line up against me!!!(bracket racing!!:lol: :lol: )

1980 kz1000g 1105 34mm Mikuni flat slides Kerker exhaust custom paint stock ignition(Dyna 2000 soon) Accel coils and wires stock cams w/ heavy springs for more rpm. My 2nd 1000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2010 10:25 - 08 Jun 2010 10:28 #374396 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic overshift bearing?
im not good at drawing pictures on computer :( cant find a picture,but it goes under the "trapdoor" where your shifter linkage/claw is located on the shaft for shifter

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2010 10:28 by PLUMMEN.

• Kawiman80
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • On my 2nd KZ1000
More
08 Jun 2010 10:30 #374397 by Kawiman80
Replied by Kawiman80 on topic overshift bearing?
ok plummen.
Could u get a pic maybe? Is mod this really neccesary or just a waste of time? I don't want to tear my tranny up.
Thanks.

1980 kz1000g 1105 34mm Mikuni flat slides Kerker exhaust custom paint stock ignition(Dyna 2000 soon) Accel coils and wires stock cams w/ heavy springs for more rpm. My 2nd 1000.