500 mile valve clearance check

More
20 May 2010 10:32 #369262 by fordtruck
500 mile valve clearance check was created by fordtruck
Well I now have just shy of 500 miles on my rebuilt motor. For those that don't know, I put a 1075 10.5:1 piston kit in and had the head rebuilt and ported.

I checked the valve clearances this morning and to my surprise they haven't really changed since I bolted on the head. Two of the intakes are at .10mm and two are at .15mm. I reshimmed the two that were at .15mm so now they are .10mm. Two of the exhaust are at .10mm and two are at .15mm. Should I reshim the two that are at .15 so they would be .10mm, or just leave them alone? I'm thinking leave them alone since the exhaust gets hotter.

I also checked the head torque again. Lo and behold some were loose. I'm sure glad I listened to LarryC!

In two weeks I'll be riding it to Indianapolis to ride the Miracle Ride charity ride. I did this last year and it was a blast. At the end of the ride you get to take a lap around the Indy Motor Speedway!

'77 KZ1000-MTC 1075 kit. Stage 1 port

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2010 10:40 #369264 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic 500 mile valve clearance check
id get the exhuast valves somewhere between .1 and .12 to allow for the extra heat.id run the intakes a little tighter maybe .08 range,aint no sense in taking away any extra lift you dont need to B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.