crankcase question at transmission

More
01 May 2010 10:36 #364704 by kz750ohio
crankcase question at transmission was created by kz750ohio
I have a 1983 kz750-H3 that I bought from another guy about 1 1/2yrs ago. My dad and I have recently tore it down because of a cam chain noise. While going through it we notice some wear on the bottom case where the transmission bearing sits for the drive sprocket. I hope I said all that right. Anyways we did a micro check and it is 3 thousands off.
The questions I have is this something to worry about and is this something that can be fixed and where or who could repair it. I have attached a picture from the kawi site to show the area I am talking about.
I currently live in TX or at least until my company transfers me to another location.

thanks,

Max

1982 kawasaki kz750 with mikuni carbs bs34, stock everything else.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ktm181
  • User
  • Man made it, so Man can fix it
More
05 May 2010 19:47 #365832 by Ktm181
Replied by Ktm181 on topic crankcase question at transmission
G'day mate,

just reading your post so you may have already solved it, would need picture of the actual case showing wear AND picture of the bearing shell. If the actual bearing inner and outer is ok then probably the case will be as well, so long as the bearing outer has not "spun" in the case that is, you need to be sure as you dont know what the little animal has been through in previous lives.

Kt
Emu Plains,Australia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.