head breathers 550 ltd

More
12 Apr 2010 19:06 #360219 by oldirtybob
head breathers 550 ltd was created by oldirtybob
took the airbox off my 550 ltd and went to pods. got a breather filter for the crankcase, but the tubing from the exhaust side of the heads going up into the vacuum operated valve thing on top is all still there and i want to remove it. should i fit 2 more breathers over the head? or is it ok to just plug the holes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2010 21:47 #360258 by cccampbe
Replied by cccampbe on topic head breathers 550 ltd
I have the airbox removed on my 550 ltd. The vacuum valve was one reason I couldn't get my bike running well after the rebuild. You may not have problems not attaching it to the valve cover but you have to have it attached to the carbs properly or your bike will not run correctly. or in my case at all. There is a smaller hose that comes out of the valve with a T that splits it into two and goes to two of the carbs. To get rid of the valve you will have to modify that in some way to keep the vacuum

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
13 Apr 2010 05:24 #360302 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic head breathers 550 ltd
These are air injection to the exhaust port for emissions.
You can by block off plates on the net, and plug off the vacuum lines at the carb manifolds. If working properly these cause no ill effect on the motor or power output. Just helps clean up the air for all of us.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...