Introduction first, question second.

• kimsmith4807
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Apr 2010 17:28 #360187 by kimsmith4807
Introduction first, question second. was created by kimsmith4807
Hello all, new to the forum. I Hail from NH and just acquired my first KZ. A 1981 KZ1000 LTD I found on craigslist for little to nothing, (I think). It's a great feeling owning a KZ, finally! I love the exclusiveness of the KZ's. Don't see that in the other makes, (not bashing, just proud to own a KZ). As part of my restoration project I would like the motor returned to oem condition. It has 22K miles on it and has never had the valves looked at. This is even more evident in the hollow tapping/knocking coming from the top end. Looking for reputable engine shops to do the work. Re-use what's still good and replace what's needed, no upgrades and maybe a bead blast for that factory look. Look forward to forum.

1981 KZ1000-K1 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2010 17:46 #360190 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Introduction first, question second.
good to see you here.....post up some pics..we love pics....
lets start with the basics.....carbs clean? adjust your valves...!!!! lots of info here.......

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
12 Apr 2010 17:51 #360193 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Introduction first, question second.
Go with a Hot Tank cleaning, leave the Blast compound for something else other than engine parts, GRIT.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• kimsmith4807
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Apr 2010 17:53 #360194 by kimsmith4807
Replied by kimsmith4807 on topic Introduction first, question second.
I have the carbs off, might be sending them out for refurb as well, maybe some re-jetting, pods, etc. I think I can fabricate a compression tool at work tomorrow and check the engine tomorrow after work.

1981 KZ1000-K1 LTD

More
12 Apr 2010 18:08 #360199 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Introduction first, question second.
kimsmith4807 wrote:

I have the carbs off, might be sending them out for refurb as well, maybe some re-jetting, pods, etc. I think I can fabricate a compression tool at work tomorrow and check the engine tomorrow after work.

not sure , but you might have bs34's.....pm wickedkz....i bought a set he redid.....good prices and good work....