APE gearbox bearings

• Ktm181
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Man made it, so Man can fix it
More
03 Mar 2010 00:12 #350963 by Ktm181
APE gearbox bearings was created by Ktm181
Hello Gents, hope you can answer this for me, I have been looking at buying gearbox bearings from APE but cannot understand which bearing is which, I will be wanting one input shaft bearing and one output shaft bearing, has anyone used these and can anyone advise which part number is which? YES, i tried APE via email but have had no reply twice now! I might also try the shift shaft, what do you guys think?

HELP!

Thanks heaps,
Kt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2010 02:38 #350970 by Samwell
Replied by Samwell on topic APE gearbox bearings
Ktm181 wrote:

Hello Gents, hope you can answer this for me, I have been looking at buying gearbox bearings from APE but cannot understand which bearing is which, I will be wanting one input shaft bearing and one output shaft bearing, has anyone used these and can anyone advise which part number is which? YES, i tried APE via email but have had no reply twice now! I might also try the shift shaft, what do you guys think?

HELP!

Thanks heaps,
Kt

If you've got any concerns about your shift shaft, then by all means replace. Since you're in the transmission, you might as well do it right. Its in the the $30 range, that's impulse buying range! As for your bearings, call them up and ask. I've called about a few things and gotten good results. If the person who answers doesn't know, they get the one who does and problem solved.

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

• Ktm181
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Man made it, so Man can fix it
More
03 Mar 2010 17:48 #351100 by Ktm181
Replied by Ktm181 on topic APE gearbox bearings
thanks for the reply. bit hard to ring as i am in Australia, oh well might have to try a further email direct to Jay at APE.

KT