Kerker exhaust help needed.

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
23 Feb 2010 23:24 #349890 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic Kerker exhaust help needed.
Russ Jackson wrote:

Is this a Kerker?
bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/2074/biggest-...s-you-ever-seen.html

...Russ

Hilarious! :laugh:

West Linn, OR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2010 06:17 #349906 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Kerker exhaust help needed.
Patton wrote:

On the black finished steel Kerker canisters, am uncertain what the original nameplates looked like. :unsure:

Good Luck! :)

On the black systems the name plate was the same as chrome system in pic except the plate was all chrome to stand out from the black megaphone.

It seems that the "standard" baffle (see below) is no longer around but compitition baffles are still available here.

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2010 11:01 #349944 by dshelly
Replied by dshelly on topic Kerker exhaust help needed.
Seems the Pipe is a megaphone that someone grafted a K2 Nameplate on . Was stumped there for a while. So I ordered a Kerker Competion baffle yesterday from Dynoman. Thanks all !!:)

'77 Kz1000B1
'78 Kz1000A2
'76 Kz900LTD

More
26 Feb 2010 19:10 #350322 by 2006hhr
Replied by 2006hhr on topic Kerker exhaust help needed.
I used the mac baffle on my KZ 650 as i could not see paying as much for a baffle as i did the pipe. The mac baffle looks very similar to the stocker, but is a bit shorter. Mounts in the pipe well though. I bought an install kit off eBay that included the mounting hardware, header shims for the head to pipe mounting and clamps for the muffler to header joint, cost $9.99 + shipping. Parts are out there, expect to shell out about $100 for a new kerker baffle, compared to $54 for the Mac part.

More
26 Feb 2010 20:32 #350326 by 2006hhr
I used the mac baffle on my KZ 650 as i could not see paying as much for a baffle as i did the pipe. The mac baffle looks very similar to the stocker, but is a bit shorter. Mounts in the pipe well though. I bought an install kit off eBay that included the mounting hardware, header shims for the head to pipe mounting and clamps for the muffler to header joint, cost $9.99 + shipping. Parts are out there, expect to shell out about $100 for a new kerker baffle, compared to $54 for the Mac part.

More
28 Feb 2010 20:18 #350656 by 2006hhr
Don't know how the double post happened. My Kerker header had a couple of soft spots that blew out this weekend. Used a couple of pieces of tailpipe tape and then wrapped the header with 2" fiberglass wrap, then sealed with black header paint. hoping this does the job. Will post pics soon. Anyway, first real ride with the Mac baffle, great sound, but power is a bit off on the upper end. Could be jetting as the bike has also recieved a set of VM26's with stock 903cc jetting. Have as set of smaller mains and will see if that helps.