Happy Thanksgiving, God's Blessings To All

• bountyhunter
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Nov 2009 22:54 - 30 Nov 2009 23:02 #336802 by bountyhunter
Happy Thanksgiving, God's Blessings To All was created by bountyhunter
We always have a lot to be thankful for, but sometimes we forget. Sometimes there is so much evil around, we can't see the good stuff.

I don't know why, but it seems like satan just went out of his way to spread misery this year. Those four innocent police officers gunned down by a madman in washington state broke my heart. Here in San Jose, a very nice man who runs a biotech green company was coming back from vacation and he (and his family of four with him) were all vaporized by a lunatic 19 year old going 90 mph through a red light who broadsided their car. All dead. Today two ladies were riding on a muni bus and a homeless guy stabbed one (no reason, she will be OK).

This all makes absolutely no sense unless maybe Luke 4:6 was a literal verse. For those not current on scripture, that's the verse describing where Satan took Christ and showed Him all the riches of the world and said: "All this I will deliver unto you if you fall down and worship me." Christ's reply was NOT to say "Satan, kiss my rear you don't own this earth" what Christ said was:

"It is written, you shall worship only God."

This earth may be satan's domain and we just have to endure it. If anybody knows a better reason for the evil, I haven't found it yet. It sure is getting bad around here.

To be clear, I'm not trying to convert anybody. Hell, I was an atheist for the first 40 years of my life and a real mean one. Satan has been kicking my ass ever since I quit his team (16 years ago). Like the time my 1986 Dodge was cruising down the freeway and the odomoeter rolled to 66666 (I swear I am not kidding) and it coasted to a stop. I had it towed home and found the rivets holding the distributor rotor to the shaft had sheared off and were just laying there. That still scares the crap out of me.

But there is a lot of good stuff here too.

In my own life, I lost my job 18 months ago..... but my wife has a good job (house is paid for) and so I will never be homeless. My little italian greyhound is 8 years old now but flies around like a cruise missile.... a minor gift from God because she very nearly died several times a few years back from and auto immune disorder. There isn't a minute goes by I forget that blessing.

And even my old beater KZ-750: still alive and running (pretty well, knock wood) at 80k miles after the rebuild a few years back. That's another miracle, since I am an old goat and hardly the mechanic I once was. But, I got it all back together and still take rides whenever I want... what with not having that annoying job thing anymore.:laugh:

So, we all have things to be thankful for including the forum where we all get to talk about motorcycles and remember days long past.

This is a cool place to hang out.

happy holidays, and may God bless you all.

EDIT: sorry if this is in the wrong category

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 30 Nov 2009 23:02 by bountyhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Iron Duke
  • User
  • what are you rebelling against?
More
01 Dec 2009 00:48 #336808 by Iron Duke
Replied by Iron Duke on topic Happy Thanksgiving, God's Blessings To All
A resounding thumbs up, I couldn't have stated the feelings of love, brotherhood, faith, and the battle of good and evil any better, and this is a cool place, with #1 people which I consider my friends, and brothermembers. Best wishes bountyhunter,And to all the KZR nation the Happyness and joy of the season. regards Duke

1982 KZ550 LTD C-3
1979 XS1100 F Yamaha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.