Selling my 650/700 Wiseco Engine, Carbs, Ignition

More
21 Mar 2006 18:06 #33196 by reborn650
Hey fellow Kzr gang - I am putting my 650/700 Wiseco up for sale on ebay and decided to offer these parts to Kzr members first. This is the easiest and cheapest way for a 650 owner to upgrade to more power. The motor was professionally rebuilt last year and there are only 2000 miles on it.

I am currently building an 810 kit with bigger carbs and electronic ignition. The motor ran very strong all year long (maybe it was the talent of the driver:) and I even took it out for a little run last week

Here is what I have for sale:

1977 Kz 650 Cylinders bored for 700 Wiseco pistons. The cylinders have one chipped fin tucked out of view under the cylinder head. The cylinder fins have been bead blasted for a cast aluminum finish.

Four Wiseco pistons complete with wrist pins and rings.

1980 Kz 750 cylinder head complete with cams, valves, springs, lifter buckets, keepers valve cover and most of the shims. This is an extra cylinder head that I recently purchased for my engine upgrade but I have decided that I will be keeping my ported and polished 650 head for the 810 motor.

Four intake manifold boots.

Mikuni 24’s, cleaned and jetted for the motor. The top caps and bottom bowls have been polished.

Two coils, points and plate and condensors, wires and plug boots.

The engine kit and machining will set you back over $500 new. Similar carbs have recently sold on ebay for $150, The head is worth over $100 and the igniIion parts are worth maybe $50. I will let the whole package go for $400 US funds. Shipping is extra.

If you are interested drop me a line. I haven’t pulled the motor apart yet as you can see from the attached pic. Also, hopefully evident in the pic is the attention to detail I put into the complete rebuild (including the motor) last year.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

P.S. I hope that nobody's nose gets outta joint with this for sale posting but I would rather see this motor in the hands of a fellow Kzr member.

Post edited by: reborn650, at: 2006/03/21 21:08

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
21 Mar 2006 18:16 #33203 by Sandy
GAS...where are Ya Bud...this Guy lives in Canada(cheaper shipping)...nice price for all of that...right on!B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1
More
21 Mar 2006 18:59 #33222 by JR
Reborn650 - for a minute there you had me worried. I thought you were going through a reverse mid life crisis and selling everything.

Lucky you got out for a ride last week. I'm hoping to thaw out my beast next weekend and fire it up. I can vouch for the Wiseco 810 kit. A previous owner upgraded my 750 and it has oodles of power ... or at least enough for this old (well ...middle aged) fart.
.........................................................................................
Woodstock ON Canada
1980 kz750E1, 4->1, K&N pods

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
More
21 Mar 2006 19:18 #33236 by steell
My nose ain't out of joint, but I gotta do what I gotta do :laugh: :laugh:

eBay links are allowed in Chit Chat, so maybe you can post one there, and post in the Classifieds as well.

Good price for the motor, cheaper than a Wiseco kit and bore/hone :)

Beam me up Scotty, this thread done got locked!! :woohoo:

KD9JUR
More
21 Mar 2006 19:24 #33238 by reborn650
Nah...don't worry JR no mid-life reverse crisis here as I never look back once I take a step forward. In fact to prove I still feel the need for speed...I was even in Toronto yesterday testing a Mini Cooper S. I'm looking at either the little superchared roller skate on steroids or I'm looking to put a small block chevy and 5 speed in my Jeep TJ Wrangler. Man, that little Cooper S reminded me of an old Yamaha RD 350 I used to ride. Lightening quick and razor sharp handling.

I'm still balls to the wall collecting parts on the 810 project. I had considered keeping the Wiseco 700 package as a B motor but I felt it would be better served helping out a fellow Kzr member looking for some extra scoot for their 650.

Hopefully you will get the thaw next week and some decent weather to get out for a spin.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...