header came loose

More
23 Mar 2006 16:03 #33814 by squints
Replied by squints on topic header came loose
ok ok ok, got to work today. I removed the whole exhaust system. But now I have to wait for the new parts to come in. They are in the mail.

Is there anything maintenance wise I can as long as I have the exhaust off? Other than your basic clean up job.

I love motorcycles. I want to tell everybody what I did but sadly no one cares. Everyone looks at me and says, why did you do that?? Wasn't it fine before? No one but fellow motorcycle heads can fully appreciate the hard work done.

The more I try new things the easier things get. The more everything makes sens. I just have to start learning names for the smaller parts. Instead of saying "big metal thingy." baby steps. when I started riding 3 years ago I had no clue and no confidence in myself to take apart my bike, at least now I have the confidence.

traded my classic Kz's for a 2001 Kz1200r

Upstate NY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
23 Mar 2006 16:22 #33823 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic header came loose
cool!i put the crimped side against the head and smooth side against header myself.;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

More
23 Mar 2006 19:55 #33883 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic header came loose
If you haven't changed the oil and filter, you could have a look at changing your oil and oil filter while the exhaust is off. Some exhaust have to come off to access the filter. Not sure about yours, but again, a good thing to do if it hasn't been changed recently.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2006/03/23 23:00

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s
Attachments: