Gearbox mods needed?

More
29 Aug 2009 16:16 #317412 by Headly
Gearbox mods needed? was created by Headly
Pulled my top end off,all good.Was wondering if theres any gearbox mods i should look at doing while my engine is split,bike will be street driven 1045cc turbo,fuel injected,will do the usual main studs,barrell studs etc...
Will run a 150 rear tyre on spoked 16" rim,heavy duty clutch spring & plates,so if theres anything the box needs please give us a "hoy",cheers.:)

73z1a fireblade front&rear,75z1b,74z1a,05 husky 510,xl567.
Ask the toe cutter,he knows who i am!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2009 16:35 #317419 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Gearbox mods needed?
good inspection is about all i would do,if in doubt change it.im sure somebody will tell you need billet second gear and undercut trans,but i dont think its needed on what youre building.ive ridden the hell out of bigger combinations on the street without it :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
29 Aug 2009 17:01 #317426 by Headly
Replied by Headly on topic Gearbox mods needed?
Good to hear as thats what i figured,heard that 2nd gear can be a problem with higher hp motors,theyve never jumped out on me yet,(and she has copped the odd hiding now and then!)so il give it a good going over and change if necessary,Cheers.One thing i will need a low profile oil breather to fit the turbo,do i cut the standard breather pipes down so the new cover fits on or do i just take them out and run a tube to a "pod"type filter further up the line?

73z1a fireblade front&rear,75z1b,74z1a,05 husky 510,xl567.
Ask the toe cutter,he knows who i am!