Exhaust question and help

More
24 Jul 2009 06:20 #309010 by RaiderRex
Exhaust question and help was created by RaiderRex
well i wanted to restore my 82 GPz750 to stock but when i pulled the exhaust off the headers were so rotted the mufflers just about fell off with out any effort form me....
Was wondering if anyone knows of a place that makes or sells that 4 into 2 header set up like the original set up?

also if i cant find a stock replacement i was thinking of goin with a Kerker meg what your opinion on that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mcdroid
  • Away
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
More
24 Jul 2009 06:43 #309012 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Exhaust question and help
Are your mufflers shot or is it also the headers? If it is the mufflers, you might be able to try the 1983/4 mufflers...they are close to the 1982 mufflers but lack the emblems (you may have to fabricate different mounts, though...I have not actually tried this myself. If the entire system is shot, then Kerkers may be the way to go...they look good on the early GPz. If you go the Kerker route, I recommend you retain the stock airbox as you may not have to rejet. If you go Kerkers and individual pods, you'll definitely have to rejet.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
25 Jul 2009 06:13 #309219 by RaiderRex
Replied by RaiderRex on topic Exhaust question and help
just the headers are shot the mufflers are in good shape... i just want the headers... what about these would this work... www.macperformance.com/store/...Product_ID=578

i would have the chrome taken off of it and done in black to make it look stock...