1045 vs 1075

More
17 Jul 2009 21:30 #307714 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic 1045 vs 1075
im just saying you need to think about the full combination of parts.a low compression motor with the wrong combination of parts wont run as good as a higher compression motor with the right stuff or vise versa.ive built plenty of higher compression big motors with smaller cams and carbs that were much more ridable than smaller hyper motors that guys dumped too much cam and carbs into that never came came to life untill high rpms which were rarely used on the street that my ol steamroller motors would walk right by without breaking a sweat at normal speeds,of course i also learned the hardway with one of my 1st 1170 13:1 monsters with k13 cams that grew into a freaking monster at 6500 in a stock chassis! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kaw74z1
  • User
  • 0 to 60 in 15 minutes.
More
17 Jul 2009 23:19 #307727 by kaw74z1
Replied by kaw74z1 on topic 1045 vs 1075
Been there ::ohmy:

1974 Z1 with a MKII And a 1105 big bore kit 10.5 to 1 comp. Andrews 2x cams ported head dyna s with green coils V&H sidewinder pipe airshifter 4in.over arm

More
18 Jul 2009 06:25 #307779 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic 1045 vs 1075
You know, this brings up a good thought that I as well went through when researching just what I had in mind in my build....

Examples: Statements not questions or flame....
What are you truly expecting to obtain in such a monster build if using as a street ride.... For drag strips, I get it and understand but for the street.... Naw, doesn't make sense...

If the damn thing is hard to idle, requires special gas, runs like crap at low rpm range but a bat out of hell @WOT, how the hell you going to enjoy this ride.... :S

Maintenance... Once dialed in, we want to ride the old girls not be in the garage having to constantly repairing/tweaking to the point of non riding....

Then there's the over heating issues...
Wow, she's awesome, does 160mph, let's go for a ride, Uh no, can only rider her in January.... :S

One of the reasons I respect Larry C, Plummen and Buzz @ Dynoman... When researching and defining my engine build, all 3 asked the exact same thing... What are you intentions and desires to see if I was blowing smoke up there asses...

When I replied, nothing too crazy, little more zip, low to mid range performance due to this is the range we mostly ride in... 1015cc, .365 cams & 29mm Cr specials with a Kerker...

All 3 replied the same... PERFECT combination...

Anyhoot, your ride, I'll shut up now....

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
18 Jul 2009 13:45 #307824 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic 1045 vs 1075
tw.. wrote:

I know someone local that want to get rid of a 1045 kit pretty cheap. So I was wondering what differences I could expect. If buying used 1045 kit was really worth it when I really want a new or relatively new 1075 kit.

If the price is real good, it might be worth grabbing them. The domes can usually be milled down to get street compression. If they're brand name pistons, just call them. They'll tell you how much to cut.

You have to weight out the cost of that vs just going 1075 10.25:1 from the get go.

More
18 Jul 2009 21:08 #307918 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic 1045 vs 1075
Old Man Rock wrote:

You know, this brings up a good thought that I as well went through when researching just what I had in mind in my build....

What are you truly expecting to obtain in such a monster build if using as a street ride.... For drag strips, I get it and understand but for the street.... Naw, doesn't make sense...

If the damn thing is hard to idle, requires special gas, runs like crap at low rpm range but a bat out of hell @WOT, how the hell you going to enjoy this ride.... :S

Maintenance... Once dialed in, we want to ride the old girls not be in the garage having to constantly repairing/tweaking to the point of non riding....

Wow, she's awesome, does 160mph, let's go for a ride, Uh no, can only rider her in January.... :S

One of the reasons I respect Larry C, Plummen and Buzz @ Dynoman... When researching and defining my engine build, all 3 asked the exact same thing... What are you intentions and desires to see if I was blowing smoke up there asses...

When I replied, nothing too crazy, little more zip, low to mid range performance due to this is the range we mostly ride in... 1015cc, .365 cams & 29mm Cr specials with a Kerker...

yep no doubt about it you guys are getting old.

More
19 Jul 2009 07:05 #308002 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic 1045 vs 1075
"yep no doubt about it you guys are getting old."...

One old bull and one youngster up on a hill over looking a pasture where a herd of cows are grazing...

Youngster says to old bull:
"Let's run down there and get one of those cows"

Old bull replies:
"Let's walk down there and get them ALL".... ;)

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
19 Jul 2009 14:10 #308060 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic 1045 vs 1075
nads.com wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

yep no doubt about it you guys are getting old.

More of a case of picking the right tool for the right job :) But yes....we are getting older by the minute :laugh:

More
19 Jul 2009 17:52 #308089 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic 1045 vs 1075
Old Man Rock wrote:

"yep no doubt about it you guys are getting old."...

One old bull and one youngster up on a hill over looking a pasture where a herd of cows are grazing...

Youngster says to old bull:
"Let's run down there and get one of those cows"

Old bull replies:
"Let's walk down there and get them ALL".... ;)

colors,colors,colors.....here comes pac-man....good flick....:laugh:

More
19 Jul 2009 17:59 #308091 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic 1045 vs 1075
Old Man Rock wrote:

just my usual useless .02.....1075 kit, 10.5 to 1, mtc pistons with buttons, andrews 2x cams w/360 @258 duration,
accel super coils/wires , bs 34 s with 40 pilots 4 turns out and i just put in 142.5 mains yesterday....front end still light at 8k......let my buddy ride it....he s like "the front end wants to rise all the time".....i m giddy....decent combo......as you were..........:P