Clutch Questiion ???

More
02 Jul 2009 19:19 #303987 by ProStreet
Clutch Questiion ??? was created by ProStreet
I put the oil back in my motor after having it plastic blasted, it was about three or four weeks before i put it back in the bike and refilled the oil
now the clutch is slpping evan when its not engaged I tried the adjustments from one range to another evan disconnected the cable, also tried removing the clutch/sproket cover still slipps when you try to kick it.. would the fact that it was dry let the plates stick together causiung this problem ? once the oil gets to lubing the plates it will resolve this problem ? oh I have not had the engine running yet as I put the wiring harness back in and every things dead ???????? one of those days :-(

also can I remove the the clutch rod behind the adjustment
screw clean it and put it back without throwing anything out of wack ??:woohoo:
Thanks
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2009 19:26 #303990 by thompsonmx100
Replied by thompsonmx100 on topic Clutch Questiion ???
that suxs you should be able to pull that rod out and clean it. Now you had the engine assembled and plastic blasted? from my experience when the clutch plates stick the clutch would not disengage. Sounds to me like something got assembled wrong.

2006 gs 500 streetfighter
1982 gpz750 breathed on wreck
1985 gpz750
Kz 650

More
02 Jul 2009 20:39 #304011 by wrangler615
Replied by wrangler615 on topic Clutch Questiion ???
For the sake of asking the question... You did use motorcycle specific oil right? That being said I don't think that it would make a difference if it hasn't been run and circulated well. I would also wonder about correct assembly. There is a spacer/washer that goes in behind the basket. If this was missing or put in the wrong order, it could cause the pressure plate to not press completely against the discs. Ask me how I know...

83 Kaw KZ750F1 - massive money pit
82 Zuki GS1100G - my daily driver, possible sacrilege I know