blue

More
11 Mar 2006 16:36 #30167 by leitrum
blue was created by leitrum
hey kz'ers, my right side exhaust has been turning blue right at the first bend; and at the end. someone told me that its from the bike running too hot (or lean) i checked plug on that side, it looks perfect. can anyone tell whats causing this and how to remedy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2006 16:55 #30170 by NOS
Replied by NOS on topic blue
I would check the carbs out to make sure that the fuel level in the bowl is correct, and that the needle is set the same as the others. Then check the vaccum to make sure all carbs are "on the money" with each other.
If that doesn't work you may want to try giving them a good cleaning and once over.
Oh, you can also check (if you haven't already) the jet sizes to see if they are the same. I had a prob with mine and I found that the first owner had put the wrong jet in one carb by mistake. It took me a while to figure it out, but when I changed it she ran good.

Hope that helps.
ride safe :)

More
11 Mar 2006 19:51 #30216 by leitrum
Replied by leitrum on topic blue
didn't ck the fuel level in te bowl, but the carbs where just rebuilt.carbs havve been cleaned out and all is jetted proper.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
11 Mar 2006 21:13 #30234 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic blue
With the bike running, I'd suggest checking the intake boots and manifolds to make sure they're sealed properly and to test for air leaks by spraying carb cleaner on each one to see if the idle increases.
Even a small hard to see hairline-crack in a boot or manifold or improperly sealed manifold can be enough to cause a lean condition.

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
12 Mar 2006 09:42 #30350 by leitrum
Replied by leitrum on topic blue
will ck that thanks. had a hard time getting carbs back on after rebuild, hope i didn't damage boots. didn't know about the armor all trick then, would have made life easier at the time. live and learn, raining today will try that as soon as i can. thx tim