Noise! Horrible Noise!

More
05 Jun 2009 19:36 #296605 by gane
Replied by gane on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
OK, I'll play the "devil's advocate" 1st let's say that noise is indeed cam chain. before buying/ building a manual tensioner, pop rocker cover and check chain tension. Sudden changes are rarely wear... if chain is indeed loose, and beyond the capabilities of stock tensioner to correct, consider,, a broken slipper, damaged chain, shelled idler/s. ett;all. G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2009 21:41 #296669 by Wallybanger
Replied by Wallybanger on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
gane wrote:

OK, I'll play the "devil's advocate" 1st let's say that noise is indeed cam chain. before buying/ building a manual tensioner, pop rocker cover and check chain tension. Sudden changes are rarely wear... if chain is indeed loose, and beyond the capabilities of stock tensioner to correct, consider,, a broken slipper, damaged chain, shelled idler/s. ett;all. G

OK, I didn't care so much for that reply :blink: sounds expensive.

Any idea why things may have broke? Are there any common/known problems with these bikes? Is it possible to change the cam chain without pulling the bottom end apart?

cheers

More
05 Jun 2009 22:04 #296672 by gane
Replied by gane on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
P, I have no idea of what prob. is.just rec. finding source. checking chain tension is cheep. Horrible sounds usually end up with towing fees. luck g

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

More
05 Jun 2009 23:37 #296681 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
gane wrote:

Horrible sounds usually end up with towing fees. luck g

I can vouch for that!

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

More
06 Jun 2009 00:30 #296683 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
Wallybanger wrote:

gane wrote:

OK, I didn't care so much for that reply :blink: sounds expensive.

Any idea why things may have broke? Are there any common/known problems with these bikes? Is it possible to change the cam chain without pulling the bottom end apart?

cheers

I believe Z1 has a breaker for the cam chain so you may not need to split the bottom end.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

More
06 Jun 2009 07:38 #296719 by franknsr
Replied by franknsr on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
KZ250LTD wrote:

gane wrote:

Horrible sounds usually end up with towing fees. luck g

I can vouch for that!

Ouch!

Formerly CSRchopper
1991 KZ1000P
Gone but not forgotten
1986 ZG1000
1982 650 CSR -shoulda kept this one-
Lisle Illinois, USA

More
08 Jun 2009 21:57 #297602 by Wallybanger
Replied by Wallybanger on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
For the love of god, what caused that? :blink:

Man, I hope my manual tensioner solves whatever problems I may have :unsure:

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
08 Jun 2009 22:06 #297605 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
I had a loose rotor hitting the stator that made me think the motor was going to grenade any second one time. It was an awful sound that actually had me get ready to tear into the motor.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
09 Jun 2009 05:57 #297651 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Noise! Horrible Noise!
I got a call from a good looking neighbor or one night and she sounded freaked out. She said her bed was going to blow up and could I come over and see if I could do something. I was not going to miss this chance since she was a real looker who I had droo..er admired from far. I walked into the apartment and I could hear the racket. She was scared. She showed me to her bedroom where I looked around and took in the essence of her. Sure enough the sound was coming from the bed. It was a nice big waterbed and my mind was reeling with visions of her...well you know. God the sound was horribly loud! I went over to the bed and looked and found the heater cord. I yanked it from the wall and the noise did not stop. While I was down there I put my hand on the bed rail to get back up and it was humming like a mass of angry bees. So I see she has drawers under the bed and as I feel towards one draw the buzzing is intensified. I slowly opened the draw and laying there in an empty draw was one of the largest vibrators I had ever seen. It was big and pink and anatomically correct and it was dancing all over the drawer bottom. I picked it up and suddenly the buzz dropped to manageable tones. I handed it to this beautiful girl who now was about the color of a maraschino cherry. We did have a good laugh over it and ended up going out for a while later. Chivalry prevents me from telling you if I ever saw that vibrator again but I will say man those things chew through batteries so get a rechargable one if you go shopping. :whistle: :pinch:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"