oil change?

More
04 Jun 2009 19:22 #296386 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic oil change?
Baldy 110 -
No offense, but you haven't been paying attention to federally mandated changes to automotive oils. They are no longer the same as what was on the shelf when the manufacturers made the recommendations 30+ years ago. I'm not saying your bike will instantly explode if you use them; they're just not the best thing to use because they have been reformulated without regard for older engine technology.

Regarding synthetic oil; read and learn....

Mobil 1 synthetic MOTORCYCLE oil

By the way, synthetic oil is fine for break-in on high performance engines - every new Corvette comes from the factory filled with Mobil-1 5-W-30.

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2009 19:48 #296393 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic oil change?
I wasn't suggesting using synthetic either. I love it for my car, but don't put it in my bike. I've been running Rotella-T in my bikes for the last several years. Dino oil, minus most of the additives that are in current auto oils, and with more zinc than about anything else out there, all for $10 a gallon. Wasn't trying to stir shit, didn't intend to devalue your experience at all, just happen to know a couple things about oil and wanted to provide a solid recommendation, that's all.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.