clutch basket help please

More
08 Mar 2006 12:01 #29387 by rspector
clutch basket help please was created by rspector
ok finally got a chance to get back to the bike, i have everything together but when i try and put the clutch basket back on its hitting some sort of shaft and keeping it from lining up with the primary gear, I have no idea what this shaft does, i cant see it because its underneath the oilpump and the shaft under neath that
any ideas?
thanks
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2006 12:23 #29397 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic clutch basket help please
are you doing just the drum or the shaft also?

More
08 Mar 2006 13:03 #29406 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic clutch basket help please
Rob, Please put your bike year/model in your signature by editing your profile. Your location would also be of help to you in the event someone was nearby to lend a hand. wg Moderator

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
08 Mar 2006 13:49 #29413 by OnkelB
Replied by OnkelB on topic clutch basket help please
1980 750 four, right? There shouldn´t be any shafts sticking out there, the pic below is what you should see (except the secondary shaft gear and washer should obviously be installed). Right below the axle where the clutch basket goes is the shift drum and to the left of that is the shift fork shaft, are you referring to one of those?

There is a tapered spacer behind the clutch basket, did you remember to install that before mounting the basket? If not the basket will sit too close to the cases - the washer should have the tapered side facing the engine/flat site out.

Post edited by: onkelb, at: 2006/03/08 16:53

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.
Attachments: