Updated Pics - Amazed it runs from Ebay

• wireman
  • Visitor
12 Mar 2006 17:30 #30440 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
nice bike!;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2006 17:38 #30442 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
Yeah, it is the one, well, cleaned up a little from the original, ha. But it is definately coming together though, so excited about that, just hoping to get it ready by Laconia time, ha.[/quote]

You've got about three months, you can do it!

More
12 Mar 2006 19:16 #30474 by agawam
Replied by agawam on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
hey I bid on that bike ,I'm in springfield ma area. I wanted the juggs off it, I have three 650s and wanted to build a bigger one

More
12 Mar 2006 20:02 #30495 by peachc
Replied by peachc on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
agawam wrote:

hey I bid on that bike ,I'm in springfield ma area. I wanted the juggs off it, I have three 650s and wanted to build a bigger one

ah, yeah, you are definately very close to me then. I think you were like the only other person, I remember it sitting idle til the last part of the auction, was very surprised it stayed as low as it did.

Post edited by: peachc, at: 2006/03/13 08:09

More
12 Mar 2006 20:03 #30498 by peachc
Nevco48 wrote:

Yeah, it is the one, well, cleaned up a little from the original, ha. But it is definately coming together though, so excited about that, just hoping to get it ready by Laconia time, ha.

You've got about three months, you can do it![/quote]

Yeah I know, but it is coming down to the $$$ now more than the time, but i will make it, i hope, ha. I am just glad to bring a bike up this year, last year I wasn't going to bring my little 400:whistle:

More
13 Mar 2006 03:48 #30553 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
Yeah, sometimes size does matter, you might feel a bit "inadequate" riding a little 400 in a sea of Hogs.... there is always a good deal of interest in unique or older bikes of any make, that is the only reason I go. That, and some ridiculously underdressed women.
Agawam, I figured you were from Western Mass from the handle. (I've been in NH for 25+ yrs, but I'm still a Masshole at heart!)

More
13 Mar 2006 06:12 #30579 by letthegoodtimesroll
Replied by letthegoodtimesroll on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
Did you paint the engine? If so, what color and type of paint did you use? If not, how and what did you use to clean it? Thanks in advance.

1977 KZ650C1, Kerker Header, Dyna ignition and coils, GPZ 750 oil pan and cooler

More
13 Mar 2006 06:14 #30580 by letthegoodtimesroll
Replied by letthegoodtimesroll on topic Amazed it runs from Ebay
Did you paint the engine? If so, what color and type of paint did you use? If not, how and what did you use to clean it? Thanks in advance.

1977 KZ650C1, Kerker Header, Dyna ignition and coils, GPZ 750 oil pan and cooler

More
13 Mar 2006 06:39 #30588 by peachc
letthegoodtimesroll wrote:

Yeah, the engine was paint with duplicor 1200/1500 degree ceramic engine paint after I bead blasted the engine, cleaned the crap out of it with demel wire attachment. So the finish came out awesome, but I think the prep took me about 6-8 hours to get it to this point, the painting took 5 mins;)