Need opinions on this exhaust...

More
03 Apr 2009 04:09 #277964 by schmol
Need opinions on this exhaust... was created by schmol
I'm getting ready to instal a new MAC exhaust and need some input on how it looks:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
More
03 Apr 2009 04:17 #277965 by kano

More
03 Apr 2009 05:18 #277971 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
There is an exhaust? I was too busy looking at the rest of the bike! Sweet!! B)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
03 Apr 2009 05:32 #277976 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
Looks pretty good. I've got the same basic pipe on my kz650 cafe, watch your head pipes, after a couple of years of hard riding mine started to rust on me. I'm going to have to have the header ceramic coated sometime in the near future. Also, with the MAC exhaust can, if you can find a baffle from a Kerker K2 pipe it'll fit right in the MAC can, it's a better baffle (fiber wrapped instead of the fully mechanical baffle in the MAC) and makes the pipe sound and flow WAY better than the stock set up. You'd have to drill holes in the MAC can to match the set screws for the Kerker baffle, but easy to do.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
03 Apr 2009 06:22 #277990 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
industrial looking imo

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
03 Apr 2009 06:30 #277994 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
Well, I own a Mac, V&H, Kerker, and Bassani. The Mac looks good but the only thing that I really think is lacking (and this is really trivial) as compared to the other pipes, is a badge on the canister. For some strange reason, those other pipes all seem to have a touch of class as compared to the Mac pipe...but this is probably attributable to personal taste. :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
03 Apr 2009 06:38 - 03 Apr 2009 06:49 #277997 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
I have that pipe on my bike. And I found that you can take an Autozone chrome exhaust tip, slide it in the end and drill it and bolt it in, and it dresses up real pretty:
Oh, and it sounds awesome. Deep and throaty. Almost like an open pipe when wide open, but when just putting out of the 'hood, it ain't too loud.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2009 06:49 by riverroad.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
03 Apr 2009 07:37 #278019 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
now that is a great upgrade.....neat as can be...niceriverroad wrote:

I have that pipe on my bike. And I found that you can take an Autozone chrome exhaust tip, slide it in the end and drill it and bolt it in, and it dresses up real pretty:

Oh, and it sounds awesome. Deep and throaty. Almost like an open pipe when wide open, but when just putting out of the 'hood, it ain't too loud.

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
03 Apr 2009 12:44 - 03 Apr 2009 12:48 #278091 by schmol
Replied by schmol on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
Mcdroid wrote:

Well, I own a Mac, V&H, Kerker, and Bassani. The Mac looks good but the only thing that I really think is lacking (and this is really trivial) as compared to the other pipes, is a badge on the canister. For some strange reason, those other pipes all seem to have a touch of class as compared to the Mac pipe...but this is probably attributable to personal taste. :)

It's interesting that you would say that about the badge, I have acquired an original old/new stock kerker badge from KZ1000-R1 and planned on riviting it on the MAC can ;)

As for the exhaust, it looks to hang a bit low and away from the frame. I might try and bend it up towards the frame to fill the gap a little.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2009 12:48 by schmol.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
03 Apr 2009 14:17 #278114 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
I agree 100 percent. i think they look reay sweet when they follow the upward angle of the rear of the frame. it may be to much if u need rear pegs . but the higher the better for me.Not real long , just higher. i prefer the megaphone too.but thats just me.
In the end it just has to look good to you.B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
03 Apr 2009 14:39 #278125 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
Nice lookin' bike. I think the exhaust needs to get a little tighter to the bike too. Is your seat on a big angle or is that a photo trick? I don't think I could get my leg over it and if I did I'd slide into the tank and not be able to get off. Tough gettin' old! :laugh:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
03 Apr 2009 19:02 #278207 by schmol
Replied by schmol on topic Need opinions on this exhaust...
Locozuna wrote:

Nice lookin' bike. I think the exhaust needs to get a little tighter to the bike too. Is your seat on a big angle or is that a photo trick? I don't think I could get my leg over it and if I did I'd slide into the tank and not be able to get off. Tough gettin' old! :laugh:

no, it the way the vinyl is covering the seat, there is actually a two teired seat there, but I have to heat up the vinyl and stretch it more. I shaved about 3 inches of the fatory seat as it once was almost even with the tank.