Manual Cam Chain Tensioner adjustment ??s

More
29 Mar 2009 13:41 #276444 by po boy
What is the correct way to install and adjust a manual cam chain tensioner? I just adjusted the valves on my KZ750E1, and put the cam cover back on. The bike came with a APE manual cam chain tensioner. I've never messed with one before, and have no clue exactly how tight it should be set.

1980 KZ750E1
2002 Hayabusa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2009 13:55 #276451 by Samwell
Replied by Samwell on topic Manual Cam Chain Tensioner adjustment ??s
po boy wrote:

What is the correct way to install and adjust a manual cam chain tensioner? I just adjusted the valves on my KZ750E1, and put the cam cover back on. The bike came with a APE manual cam chain tensioner. I've never messed with one before, and have no clue exactly how tight it should be set.

They're pretty easy to set. Loosen the locking nut, back it off a few turns (to make sure it wasn't too tight in the first place) tighten it in until you feel resistance, then back it off 1/4 turn, hold it in place while you tighten the locking nut.

Hope this helps...Sam

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.