Where to buy xpipe?

More
19 Feb 2009 19:52 #266308 by kzmarvo
Where to buy xpipe? was created by kzmarvo
looking for a used xpipe murray or campbell. Any ideas where to look besides ebay?

Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2009 22:06 #266358 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic Where to buy xpipe?
Why, can't you find a Kerker? :) . Actually, I'm on the lookout for a pipe that isn't available anymore either. I've been emailing owners to see if they would part with their pipe to no avail... Good luck on your search.

Maybe you could go through the gallery and pm owners individually. Worth a shot I guess if you get desperate enough.

More
20 Feb 2009 18:08 #266610 by kzmarvo
Replied by kzmarvo on topic Where to buy xpipe?
Dont want a kerker,had a star that was nice on my last 900. I want a xpipe type,gonne lower the bike in the grass,plus the xpipe just looks sweet,and the sound is badazz:)

Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

More
20 Feb 2009 19:13 - 20 Feb 2009 19:39 #266626 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Where to buy xpipe?
Z Pipe -- relatively expensive and likely not a candidate for consideration in this case, but a nice looking cross-over style pipe with access to oil drain plug and oil filter without needing to remove it for every oil filter change, which is important and sometimes critical to many owners.

Z-Pipe from Z1E

Presumably have investigated the touted but unsupported performance aspects of x-pipes to find no significant improvement. Basically snake-oil sale puffery. And no dyno tapes.

If not already done, could type "x-pipe" in the forum search box for several earlier threads on the topic.

Here are two of the earlier threads.

X-pipe info

More x-pipe info

But the X-pipes do look cool to many observers.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 20 Feb 2009 19:39 by Patton.

More
20 Feb 2009 22:09 #266686 by kzmarvo
Replied by kzmarvo on topic Where to buy xpipe?
Thanks for the link, i read all that was there. The xpipe might not make more power than another 4into1 pipe but it couldnt make way less could it? Personally i think the xpipe just looks killer,wish someone on here had one on a 1000 or 900 for a dyno run or report..........