Lockhart Oil Cooler Question

More
26 Feb 2006 14:38 #26610 by Rich
Lockhart Oil Cooler Question was created by Rich
I took a lot of my bike apart last fall, got sidetracked being away from work and am trying to get it all back together again to get it running for the spring. The bike had a Lockhart oil cooler on it when I bought it. The hoses routing oil to it were all old and looked ready to give up so I bought some replacement hose and now, after all this time, can't remember exactly how the old ones were routed and a manual won't help me since it's after market.

It has hoses coming off the engine from the back under the carbs behind the cam chain tensioner and one on the right side of the engine. The hoses were routed up between the carb intakes and over the top of the engine, I don't suppose it matters exactly which ones as long as they're not interfering with anything or in danger of being harmed. Does it matter which side of the oil cooler each one goes into or will it work either way? Just looking at it, it seems like it would work either way. Both fittings look the same and I'm guessing as long as it's pumping oil through and nothing is clogger, it should work OK.

Now that I think about it, should I flush the cooler with anything while it's off the bike?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2006 16:49 #26633 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Lockhart Oil Cooler Question
Nope it doesn't metter what hose goes to what.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.