stuck clutch release push-rod

More
09 Jan 2009 21:45 #257052 by rskinnard
stuck clutch release push-rod was created by rskinnard
I have a problem that is confusing a few people.
When I engage the clutch, intermittenly, I get a pop on brake side clutch area, my clutch cable goes slack (not broken), I have opened the cluth release panel to check if clutch push rod was damaged, I pulled it all the way out, it is fine. I put everything back togeather, everything works fine for a while then pop.
I am opening the cluth in the a.m. it almost seems like the clutch release push rod is slipping past the pressure plate pusher and keeping the clutch engaged

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2009 22:16 #257055 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic stuck clutch release push-rod
Call Jeff at www.z1enterprises.com and order a new clutch rod. I suspect yours is worn or bent. Be careful when removing the old one not to lose the ball bearing on the end by the clutch.

As long as the sprocket cover is off for a new clutch rod, inspect and lube the clutch actuation mechanism. A new clutch cable would probably help also. Just remember to lube the new one as they come with out oil or grease.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
10 Jan 2009 13:04 #257104 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic stuck clutch release push-rod
first things first what bike is it so we can help you better kawi has used a few different clutch releases over the years and they are all different.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

More
10 Jan 2009 13:13 #257107 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic stuck clutch release push-rod
roll it across a flat piece of glass to see if its bent.if its bent it will cause issues all the time i would think.im thinking something in the basket itself or maybe the pusher/ball is shot.;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
10 Jan 2009 15:49 #257140 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic stuck clutch release push-rod
Had the same symptoms and it was the ramps the pusher use. I was adjusting the cluth too tight and would run the balls right off the ramps. Overiding the ramp. Had to back off the adjustment and take up more slack at the handlebar. Worth a try before getting deeper into the clutch.

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
12 Jan 2009 00:16 #257444 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic stuck clutch release push-rod
´+1 on locozunas advice. Thsi issue has been discussed very many times. Write "clutch adjustment" in serach box and read, there are some godd advice. The infamous 3-ball+ramp is a bit tricky to adjust and too much play will raise the balls out of their ramps and jam clutch open. You do not see any problems when you pull out the sprocket cover because when you loosen the bolts it´ll also loosen clutch mechanism and the ball will slide down the ramps. This is why I always have a hex-tool under seat, as you only need to loosen the 4 bolts to unjam it.

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
12 Jan 2009 07:54 #257471 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic stuck clutch release push-rod
Where the end of the clutch cable feeds into the engine cover(clutch cover,left side of bike,while sitting on it)...do you have the cable connected properly?
Is the cable end connected to the worm-gear the way it's supposed to be?

1977 KZ1000 A-1