New member - ?? about BB pistons

• dardoonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Enjoy life....... ride alone
More
25 Nov 2008 18:31 #249348 by dardoonk
New member - ?? about BB pistons was created by dardoonk
Hello, nice site here. Unfortunately, I know "not much" about the KZ line, but I am smart enough to know where to come for some advice. I'm not sure if I should say it here yet, but basically I know the Suzuki GS 2V line much better.

Here's what I have and I need to figure out whether I can use them on my bike or just re-sell them.

I got hold of real nice set of 2 valve 73mm pistons & pins which I thought were Yoshimura for my GS. Ends up, they have a 17mm wrist pin and are from Moriwaki (hope I spelled that right). I think that works out to 1105cc for you folks. The look to be a little higher compression than a Wiseco, so maybe these are 11:1. Overall, they are terrific condition and one can clearly see they have almost no wear.

I would love to put these in the 1100 GS I am building, but I do not know what the valve angle is on a KZ head so I can figure out if the valve pockets cut into this piston will hurt or help me. Can anyone help on that?

Second, am I wasting my time and should I just sell these? Does anybody run 1105 BB kits anymore?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My Bikes:
05 Triumph America
77 Suzuki GS750
82 Kawasaki GPz1100 (White Euro clone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2008 05:40 #249400 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic New member - ?? about BB pistons
I dont have a real good answer, other than you may need to do a mock up and clay the vlaves to see how things fit

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

• dardoonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Enjoy life....... ride alone
More
30 Nov 2008 19:23 - 30 Nov 2008 19:24 #250112 by dardoonk
Replied by dardoonk on topic New member - ?? about BB pistons
I've decided to put these on ebay and just get the proper Wisco kit for my bike. By the time I hone the pins, check to make sure the valve angles are correct, etc... I might as well just get the whole package and be done with it.

I'd keep them for when I find a nice KZ, but have no room for another project bike. Thanks for your help here though.

1105cc Big bore pistons & pins
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

My Bikes:
05 Triumph America
77 Suzuki GS750
82 Kawasaki GPz1100 (White Euro clone)
Last edit: 30 Nov 2008 19:24 by dardoonk.