• User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
25 Oct 2009 19:12 #329633 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic how to raise max RPM's
kzz1p wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

its all about power,you brought up turbos :laugh:

No, Hardrock or one of those other posts on this thread, put turbos in the game.

:blush: :blush: :S :( yeah it was me :( :S :blush: :blush:

That is why I need to type less and read more :P

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
25 Oct 2009 19:12 #329634 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic how to raise max RPM's
hardr0ck68 wrote:

kzz1p wrote:

hardr0ck68 wrote:

BTW, I am not trying to take a point opposite yours to piss you off. I am just trying to have a conversation about stroking/de-stroking and what they mean for power.

Thank you for your help and input!!

I would think by now, that you would have your own line of thinking, maybe you could share some of that?

I opened the door for people to take a shot at me, when I posted my ideas.

I hope you remember, there are more then two sides to a coin.

I hope you don't think I was taking a shot at you. That was not my intent.

I personally was thinking I would get the crank lightened to help it rev up quicker, at the expense of torque. Keep the stock stroke, not because it is not a good way to make power, but because I already own nice rods in the stock length and it would be a kick in the pants to shelf them.

Now I don't know... this winter was ment to build the bottom end, no reason to go cheap on it... if more stroke is more power it sure is something to keep in mind.

But my plans change often and certainly there will be other ideas to build a 650 motor. I am still learning, and I know it will not be right the first time; and that's part of the game.

I don't think your taking a shot at me!

Didn't you learn at the start of this thread, Anyone with different ideas! will be shot at?

I hope you build for your skill level, it will be more enjoyable. You have alot of time to learn, buy 5 or 10 more bikes and get busy!

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
25 Oct 2009 19:28 #329641 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic how to raise max RPM's
careful building it too big...it will KNOCK..KNOCK

kzz1p wrote:

hardr0ck68 wrote:

kzz1p wrote:

hardr0ck68 wrote:

BTW, I am not trying to take a point opposite yours to piss you off. I am just trying to have a conversation about stroking/de-stroking and what they mean for power.

I would think by now, that you would have your own line of thinking, maybe you could share some of that?

I personally was thinking I would get the crank lightened to help it rev up quicker, at the expense of torque. Keep the stock stroke, not because it is not a good way to make power, but because I already own nice rods in the stock length and it would be a kick in the pants to shelf them.

Now I don't know... this winter was ment to build the bottom end, no reason to go cheap on it... if more stroke is more power it sure is something to keep in mind.

But my plans change often and certainly there will be other ideas to build a 650 motor. I am still learning, and I know it will not be right the first time; and that's part of the game.

Didn't you learn at the start of this thread, Anyone with different ideas! will be shot at?

I hope you build for your skill level, it will be more enjoyable. You have alot of time to learn, buy 5 or 10 more bikes and get busy!

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
25 Oct 2009 19:34 #329643 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic how to raise max RPM's
trianglelaguna wrote:

careful building it too big...it will KNOCK..KNOCK

Graig- that is a good one! funny and true.

kzz1p wrote:

hardr0ck68 wrote:

kzz1p wrote:

hardr0ck68 wrote: