K & N Pod Filters on 83 GPZ1100 with DFI Injection

More
04 Oct 2008 17:52 #240165 by 83GPZ
Using k & N Pod filters on 83 GPZ 1100 with DFI fuel injection. I am getting an error code one long and two short (Air Temp Sensor). Are these filter causing this error code?

Thanks,
Tee
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2008 20:45 #240189 by PLUMMEN
were there any sensors in your air box ?i switched my 84 gpz 1100to smoothbores back in mid 80s because nobody knew how to work on the injection back then,but i cant remember what all else we did to make it work.:(

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
04 Oct 2008 23:07 #240203 by 83GPZ
PLUMMEN wrote:

were there any sensors in your air box ?i switched my 84 gpz 1100to smoothbores back in mid 80s because nobody knew how to work on the injection back then,but i cant remember what all else we did to make it work.:(

When I got the bike it was setup this way. How big were the smooth bores you put on and what kind performance improvement did you get?

Thanks,
Tee

More
05 Oct 2008 06:00 #240214 by steell
Air Temp sensor is in the air box, so since you don't have an air box the computer is throwing a code.

KD9JUR

More
05 Oct 2008 16:20 #240290 by PLUMMEN
83GPZ wrote:

PLUMMEN wrote:

When I got the bike it was setup this way. How big were the smooth bores you put on and what kind performance improvement did you get?

Thanks,
Tee

29s,solved my fuel injection problems ran like a raped ape with supertrapp header.they didnt have all the hi tech stuff to make the injection work in those days.

Still recovering,some days are better than others.