Help!! Stranded Clutch Problem

More
04 Oct 2008 17:37 #240163 by 83GPZ
Help!! Stranded Clutch Problem was created by 83GPZ
I replaced the clutch cable on my 83 GPZ1100 last night. I took the bike for a 30 mile ride this morning. On the way back home as I was pulling in on the clutch lever, the lever stayed pulled in (stranded). Got my wife to bring some tools. Tried adjusting from the screw/nut on the outside of the clutch cover, but everytime I pulled in on the lever I would here a pop comming from the inside of the clutch cover. Pulled the cluth cover and checked the position of the arm and it was pointing straight down with cover in the on position, turned the clutch adjuster screw counter clockwise until it got hard to turn. Pulled the lever in and it seemed fine. Continued with my ride home, got a block are so away from my house, pulled in on the lever and the lever stayed pulled in (Stranded Again). Pulled the clutch cover and the did the exact same adjustment, finnally made it home.

Does anyone have a picture of the clutch adjustment arm in the correct position with the cluch lever at rest and pulled in?

Thanks In Advance,
Tee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2008 05:30 #240346 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Help!! Stranded Clutch Problem
This clutch problems should be nailed to the wall. I don´t know how many times I´ve written about this.

83GPZ check this thread and I´m pretty shure you´ll be able to adjust it right.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...07826&catid=2#107826

Good luck.

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.