ZeCross 4 into 2 exhaust system

More
03 Oct 2008 19:20 #240040 by shighley
ZeCross 4 into 2 exhaust system was created by shighley
Hey All; I was ordering some stuff from our friends at Z1 Enterprises and ran across this offering. It looks similiar to the cross over system that Kawasaki put on the KZ650SR. My question is what feedback is out there on this system? I know the "cross over" system cost the 650 a couple of horsepower according to the FSM. I don't really care about two HP, cause I'm older now. hehe How loud/quiet is it? At the asking price is it a good value? Form, Fit and Function? I have an original system on my '74 Z1A and thought it would be nice to save a little weight (partially making up for all those cheeseburgers-Ha) Thanks from Lake Elsinore, ride safe, Steve

\'74 Z1-A, Bought new, worn out 3 times, being ridden now
\'83 XVZ12TK, was daily driver until frame broke
\'78 KZ650SR-D1A, Son's bike, I'm the wrench (He's young)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2008 08:52 - 04 Oct 2008 08:58 #240102 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic ZeCross 4 into 2 exhaust system
Steve, the only reason the "cross over" system lost some power was that the SR used shorter mufflers than the KZ. With the Zee system it uses full size Kerker style cans so now you'll realize the power improvement of the cylinder pairing. I love the Zecross system, looks like two Kerker cans and really wish they would make one for the 650! Price seems a little steep but would like to see and hear one in person. I wonder if they are repackable like a Kerker? Buy one and let me check it out!!:woohoo: Later... John in Murrieta.

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Last edit: 04 Oct 2008 08:58 by Bluemeanie.

More
05 Oct 2008 07:45 #240231 by shighley
Replied by shighley on topic ZeCross 4 into 2 exhaust system
Hey John; I sent Z1 Ent. an email asking a bunch of questions about it: Maker, Centerstand, Sound level, single/double primary tube construction ets. Haven't heard anything yet. It's way more than I would comfortably spend on a system, but it does look good. I've had Bassani and Mac systems and after an hour the pitch of the exhaust starts wearing a little thin. I think the repackable systems make a better sound. Anyway it'll take 6 months of saving before I could spring for it anyway. It's a bitch being born good looking instead of rich! Ha When I get the information, I'll post it. Ride safe, Steve

\'74 Z1-A, Bought new, worn out 3 times, being ridden now
\'83 XVZ12TK, was daily driver until frame broke
\'78 KZ650SR-D1A, Son's bike, I'm the wrench (He's young)!

More
05 Oct 2008 16:56 #240293 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic ZeCross 4 into 2 exhaust system
Sounds like it's new... Only picture similar I can find on their website is a kz900 replica 4x4. Being a new offering(?) you might not get much feedback about how well it works.

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST

More
06 Oct 2008 05:47 #240347 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic ZeCross 4 into 2 exhaust system
I have this pic, love the looks of this exhaust!

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Attachments: