Timing marks ona 83 GPZ

• Shoe48
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
02 Sep 2008 19:29 #235204 by Shoe48
Timing marks ona 83 GPZ was created by Shoe48
I am having trouble figuring out what timing marks on the crank to use to set up the cams with .. There are two marks on the ignition rotor ,, T where the ignition timing is and a T 180 degrees on the other side of the rotor , I have it together using the mark for the ignition timing ,, It wont start ? Yes it has spark and yes we have put fuel in the spark plug holes ,, The Factory service manual is not all that clear when comes to the GPZ infact it is not that clear to anything GPZ :) :) I have put many engines together over the years But ??? anyone ? Thanks Shoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2008 02:57 - 03 Sep 2008 02:59 #235258 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Timing marks ona 83 GPZ
Shoe48 wrote:

I am having trouble figuring out what timing marks on the crank to use to set up the cams with .. There are two marks on the ignition rotor ,, T where the ignition timing is and a T 180 degrees on the other side of the rotor , I have it together using the mark for the ignition timing ,, It wont start ? Yes it has spark and yes we have put fuel in the spark plug holes ,, The Factory service manual is not all that clear when comes to the GPZ infact it is not that clear to anything GPZ :) :) I have put many engines together over the years But ??? anyone ? Thanks Shoe

Am perhaps misinterpreting this, but FWIW, on earlier model large fours,
the F mark is used for ignition timing, and not the T (top dead center) mark.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 03 Sep 2008 02:59 by Patton.

• Shoe48
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
03 Sep 2008 06:59 #235270 by Shoe48
Replied by Shoe48 on topic Timing marks ona 83 GPZ
Yep you misunderstood it :)