Hey guys new member, quik engine/project question

More
21 Aug 2008 07:08 #233254 by nipponlife
Hey guys,

I just joined the forum and I'm excited about just how big this online community is LOL

names Kin, and i like the classic look and feel of many of the older KZ's LOL

i have been a KZ fan for a LONG time.... my dream bike is a Z2 but since i live in the states...its pretty much a lost dream for now.

while looking for a Z1 ( my close second fav LOL ) i had a 1980 kz250 fall in my lap...the motor is seized up and is rusted up pretty bad but the frame and other important components are sin great shape for the life this bike must have led LOL

but ok heres my question.

are their any larger motors that will fit or i can MAKE fit on my 250.....maybe a kz440 motor? i just want something with a LIL more UMPH LOL

ive been workin on cars for awhile and been into bikes long before i owned one so im taking this as a serious BUILD project so any suggestions are APPRECIATED!

thanks guys and HI,

Kin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2008 07:43 #233262 by Mcdroid
nipponlife86@gmail.com wrote:

i have been a KZ fan for a LONG time.... my dream bike is a Z2 but since i live in the states...its pretty much a lost dream for now.

Don't give up hope on the Z2...keep watching and waiting... patience is the key...I am aware of three that have popped up on eBay in the past 7 years. I just found one that was a 'barn-fresh' in North Texas and immediately bought it. It appeared on this site as a 'what the hell is this?' question posted by a new member. I'm taking my time with the resurrection but it is one rare scooter.

are their any larger motors that will fit or i can MAKE fit on my 250.....maybe a kz440 motor? i just want something with a LIL more UMPH LOL

Well, I'm not being trite, but with sufficient money, you can make just about anything fit. However, it would be considerably easier to wait until a larger displacement bike appears.:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
21 Aug 2008 08:13 #233265 by Sandy
Ya,Kin...by the time you DO get a bigger motor squeezed into that small frame...what mods had to be done,and how much time and money was invested on that project?
All that for a bit more power,and a great conversation-piece?
I can only imagine the headaches and frustration,during the whole process.

Wait it out and get the bike you "Want",and THEN...let the fun begin.;)

1977 KZ1000 A-1